DCS is cashing from a debug info using dxdiag.exe

josh-109

Hello DCS people/others my game crashing and this is the error. and this is on MP servers or hosting

DCS crash allow dcs to gather additional debug ifo using dxdiag.exe

but what is funny to me is i can still play the game on MP have people still join and flying but if i click on cancel or ok on the pop up it will close my game.

need help to fix this and i have done dcs repairs and updates but nothing works.

thanks Josh

• ED Team

Hi

please attach your dcs log from your dcs folder in the saved games location, it should give us some clues

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

It looks like your display driver is crashing.

My advice is to remove all unofficial mods, you have some installed.

Run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users ( guide in my signature below )

Increase the size of your page file https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230471

Ensure windows and your display driver is up to date.

Let us know how you get on.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...

No solution found so far. DCS 2.7 introduced a few new kinds of crashes:

1. second mission run crash
  2. mission ending/DCS closure crash
  3. imGuid.dll crash
  4. and there seems to be a F-14 specific freeze but we have not enough proof for this one yet

So far, crash number 1 has been the most problematic : a lot of people are having it. I know for sure devs and testers are actively working on this one. I don't know about the rest.

I'm being optimistic here: maybe when crash n°1 will be fixed, some of the other new kinds of crashes will disappear as well. Wat and see.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hey Flappy I’m only getting crashes in the Tomcat when I’m done with mission and click fly again every time. It started Last Saturday. I have all the log files I’ll get them in here for you to look at if you need the proof. 

Thanks 

• Thanks 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Il 31/5/2021 at 20:19, Flappie ha scritto:

No solution found so far. DCS 2.7 introduced a few new kinds of crashes:

1. second mission run crash
  2. mission ending/DCS closure crash
  3. imGuid.dll crash
  4. and there seems to be a F-14 specific freeze but we have not enough proof for this one yet

So far, crash number 1 has been the most problematic : a lot of people are having it. I know for sure devs and testers are actively working on this one. I don't know about the rest.

I'm being optimistic here: maybe when crash n°1 will be fixed, some of the other new kinds of crashes will disappear as well. Wat and see.

we hope well

Try with today's OB update

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, johnlacandiili said:

i got the same problem my dcs wont even start loading after i log in it will jsut say dcs is crashing from a debug dxdiag.exe and i just finished downloading dcs; i need help guys

Hi. Please create a new thread in which you'll attach the following files:

• the latest crash .zip (from Saved Games/DCS.../Logs)
  • dcs.log (rom Saved Games/DCS.../Logs)

• ED Team
19 minutes ago, johnlacandiili said:

Hi,
Your system seems to be below minimum spec for DCS 

As you are using integrated graphics your System RAM is only 5877 MB, with a small Pagefile: 14336 MB 

you can try reducing your DCS settings and increasing the size of your pagefile, but you will still be below minimum spec sadly.

It looks like you run out of memory and the display driver crashes

• ED Team

Sadly I think the below minimum spec is not going to allow you to. 

is there a chance that i can download the older version of dcs like the dcs 2.5? if not well thank you bignewy i will just probably comeback after a i assemble a more powerful machine it might take some time or probably years. :((

Edited by johnlacandiili

1. Go to Saved Games/DCS.../Config.
  2. Delete the options.lua file.
  3. Try to start DCS.

Then, if you can reach the main menu, go to graphic options, select the Low preset then click OK to apply.