NVIDIA Upgrade brings more FPS for VR

Topper81

Hello,

just an Information for DCS user with NVIDIA card and VR:

yesterday I have tried to update my NVIDIA driver using the "NVIDIA System Settings" using the "Search for update" function. As always, there came the message box that no new driver had been found. This mades me a bit incredulous, because I never had a message that new driver had been found since more than a year or so... Then I downloaded the drivers manually from NVIDIA and there was a new driverversion (25.21.14.1634 ==>26.21.14.4187).

After the update, I had the full 45 FPS in VR under heavy conditions. Now I have only trouble with FPS rate when displaying full object shadows (trees, buildings) on the terrain, but I gues thats normal...

Also in X-Plane, the FPS rate increases noticeable.

I guess also the problem displaying airplane shadows is now gone (or much better) but not 100% sure... maybe it was because of the last update.

I use the occolus rift with an GTX 1080TI.

Edited by Topper81

Yeah if you had not updated drivers in like a year I would think you should certainly see an improvement.

I always keep a check on Nvidia.com and update to the latest when they come out.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That's handy to know thanks for the info just out of curiosity what CPU are you using only I use a 1080ti with oculus rift cv1 with a ryzen 7 3700x ?

Gigabyte X470, 32gb corsair 3200 ddr4, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, Ml240 coolmaster, Nvidia GTX1080ti 11gb, 512gb ssd Seagate for DCS,Oculus rift CV1, X52 joystick and throttle

That's handy to know thanks for the info just out of curiosity what CPU are you using only I use a 1080ti with oculus rift cv1 with a ryzen 7 3700x ?

EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 with I9 9900k cpu.

PC specs are in my sig.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|