CTD in Multi - Hardly ever in single

GremlinIV

I am getting CTD more often than not EVERY time I play multiplayer, I thought it was because I was in stable DCS while the servers were apparently in Open Beta so I changed it all up and I am now open beta yet still getting CTD. I am sick of patiently going about my business shooting at stuff then as I return to base all tallies are lost as the game crashes and I am looking at my desktop.

This is EVERYTIME usually the same server too (well the 4ya ones currently)

I have noticed it happens when I am selecting new nav points for the planned landing area - screen freezes sound goes, sound returns but the game has stopped and seconds later I am at the desktop.

I know open beta is supposedly not stable, but all I hear is yeah its and open beta server yeah im playing the open beta etc etc, but it only seems to be me crashing out, or at least I don't hear people talking about it enough to indicate it is happening at a similar frequency that it happens to me. I usually watch a streamer while I play and they don't seem to crash out that often.

I want to enjoy this game with all it offers but I am struggling here.

Comments would be useful, well they might be...

• 3 weeks later...

are you trying to use the harrier by any chance when this happens??

It's a well known bug (over in harrier section) that fiddling with the nav page (in multiplayer) can cause total CTD (often so hard, you don't even get the DCS crash window).

Also - if not using the harrier, many players have noticed a massive increase in CTD since the F16/JF17 came out. Prior to these being released, DCS was very stable, and as someone who flew about 500 hours before getting my first CTD, I am now seeing a crash every few hours.

Other than submitting all the required info over and over, I suspect we have to wait this one out, because so many people are going on about it now. bigger DCS channels on youtube are starting to take note, so I'm sure ED have noticed.

At some point they are going to have to completely rewrite the 10+ year old coding, because the technology has moved on so much since DCS was a10, than adding in, and swapping parts of the existing code, and that's a massive job, I feel for them, and I guess they are dreading, but sense is looming.

Fly the F14 for a while, and then land, switch to F18 (same session) and you see jester in the F18 nav start-up.. This is just 1 small example where the addition of a new module is conflicting with coding or variables and has caused a (very minor) bug in an existing one. DCS is layers and layers of these conflicts from what must be 500 updates since first launch.

but we still love it and it is still by far the best air combat sim

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.