Nozzle Angle Spontaniously Changing

glen.a.williamson

Within the last week or so, about the same time as DCS 2.5.5.41962 Open Beta was introduced, I've started to see something really weird happening regarding my nozzle settings.

I will be all set up for a VSTOL landing, lined up with the centerline, approaching nice and slow (maybe 45 knots, or so) at about 150 feet altitude, about a mile out from the deck with my nozzles set at about 78 degrees, or so .... when all of a sudden sometimes my nozzle angle will spontaneously jump to 49 degrees. This usually messes up my landing entirely ... or at least makes my landing rather rushed and ugly.

Has anyone else experienced such unexpected changes in nozzle angle?

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this ... or how I might eliminate the spontaneous changes?

If it's on axis it's probably jitter. Cycle the axis a few times before flying to rub off any dust or corrosion on the contacts (usually on cheaper devices). Otherwise insure there are no overlapping bindings. A final possibility if you're using a button is ''ghost presses'' usually caused by power fluctuations. Make sure your device is not starved or receiving intermittent power variances.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I have now also done a cleanup, followed by a repair; but, the problem persists.

My STOL stop is fully aft, so I do not believe that is part of the problem.

I tried shifting my X--52 Stick and Throttle to other USB ports .... but that seems to have had no effect ... and I did not see any problem with any other buttons, switches, or functions ... except for this weird thing going on with my nozzles. I have also found that I am seeing this spontaneous shift in nozzle position at the other end of thing .... I can be zooming along at 0 degrees, and all of a sudden the nozzles inexplicably shift back to 50 degrees. Strange how it always seems to be defaulting back to the same value .... about 50 degrees.

You have clearly angered the technogods. You must have not said the correct prayers over your device. I recommend sacrificing two virgins and reciting the fourth and sixth passages of Mechaniks 10-15 times.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Additional Testing

I flew the exact same mission using the exact same HOTAS set-up in both the Stable version and the Open Beta version of DCS World 2.5. I saw the spontaneous nozzle angle fluctuation problem in the OB version, but not while flying in the Stable version,

I alternated back and forth between the two DCS versions, and, replicated what I was seeing three separate times in each environment. Each time I flew in the OB version, my nozzle angle spontaneously changed several times as I approached the Carrier. I believe this may be a bug related to the AN-8B in the Open Beta version of the program.

The mission I flew and copies of example tracks of what I was seeing are attached below.

Stable Version - NO Nozzle fluctuation during Landing .trk

OB Version - Twice the Nozzle Position Spontaneously Changed During Landing .trk

AV-8B NA Evening Landing on the Tarawa 1.miz

Edited by glen.a.williamson
Change one of the attachments

I flew the exact same mission using the exact same HOTAS set-up in both the Stable version and the Open Beta version of DCS World 2.5. I saw the spontaneous nozzle angle fluctuation problem in the OB version, but not while flying in the Stable version,

I alternated back and forth between the two DCS versions, and, replicated what I was seeing three separate times in each environment. Each time I flew in the OB version, my nozzle angle spontaneously changed several times as I approached the Carrier. I believe this may be a bug related to the AN-8B in the Open Beta version of the program.

The mission I flew and copies of example tracks of what I was seeing are attached below.

most likely thats a controls assignment issue,

first check that there are no double bindings, also not with mousewheel or cougar mfd axis.

if there are not, i suggest to try to copy your settings files from the stable to OB

most likely thats a controls assignment issue,

first check that there are no double bindings, also not with mousewheel or cougar mfd axis.

if there are not, i suggest to try to copy your settings files from the stable to OB

Yeah first thing I would check is that there are no duplicate bindings anywhere else. Its a common issue.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).