T-50CM2 non-symetrical CAM behavior?

THXT01A

• 8 months later...

I received the new cams and they are exactly the same as the old cams ... obviously no improvement.

From the amount of complaints about this stick and the flawed design - I'm surprised they are still selling it.

It is pretty much unusable. I am beginning to believe it won't be fixed and am looking for a new stick base. A shame to throw away $450 ... I was hoping this would be a forever stick

• 2 weeks later...

I had that issue and received some "fixed" cams that were rusty and didn't solve the issues several months ago. After they made that video and I created a new ticket, I received the new "redesigned" ones and still had that issue so I was as in the beginning... I ended up fixing them myself with a Dremel combined with sanding sleeve bits (the ones that come with a rubber cylinder, like: https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-240-Grit-Sanding-Drum-Sleeves-Sander-Mandrels-for-Dremel-Tool-1-10-100pcs-/173788255751) and polishing bits with paste for the finishing touches.

So yes, if you do it yourself it works and finally the roll axis is 99% perfect.

In case you want to do it, be sure to have some spare cams in case you mess it up, get a sharpie and mark the places in the cam where you feel that the behavior starts to feel different. Get comfortable, take your time and use the desk mount (in case you have it) inverted so you can disassemble the base faster. Try to use a fine grit sleeve and do every sanding pass (I did 1 or 2 passes each time) without applying too much pressure but with a fast motion to not sand a lot of the aluminium, you'll also have to try the cam after every pass. It took me about 30 trials (3-4 hours) to get to the point where the forces are the same and I only did it in the roll axis, I just accepted that the pitch axis will have an imbalance as I'm too lazy to do all that work again...

Do the sanding first and then remove the "bumpiness" with the polishing paste.

Edited by -Dagger-

So I guess CM2 owners are just dealing with it?  I've read multiple reports of this but none saying that they don't have the issue.  I just with they would do a WarBrd version with a shorter throw for center mount scenarios.  Unevenness on the axis' would drive me insane.

Screw that. I have waited for months for them to fix it and they haven't, even after all those nice pictures on Virpil forums of new testing equipment and results. I understand we are expected to tweak and mod, but  I am not going to pay that amount of money, just to be expected to fix core use function. VKB is putting out new grip today and I am going to go with them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, admiki said:

Screw that. I have waited for months for them to fix it and they haven't, even after all those nice pictures on Virpil forums of new testing equipment and results. I understand we are expected to tweak and mod, but  I am not going to pay that amount of money, just to be expected to fix core use function. VKB is putting out new grip today and I am going to go with them.

Good choice.  I like the VKB gimbal even better than the WarBrd gimbal and in my experience, VKB has had a lot less QA issues with their products.  Your mileage may vary.  I use both companies due to the different grips.

1 hour ago, zcaa0g said:

Good choice.  I like the VKB gimbal even better than the WarBrd gimbal and in my experience, VKB has had a lot less QA issues with their products.  Your mileage may vary.  I use both companies due to the different grips.

I fly only helicopters, so MCG and dry clutch as force trim is really interesting for me. I wasn't too keen on VKB MCG due to ministicks, but with new MCG Ultimate and swapable modules I'm game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, admiki said:

I fly only helicopters, so MCG and dry clutch as force trim is really interesting for me. I wasn't too keen on VKB MCG due to ministicks, but with new MCG Ultimate and swapable modules I'm game.

I absolutely love my Ultimate Grip, and I swapped both those POV hats for 4 way plus push button hats. I could not imagine going back to my MCG Pro grip now. Wrap my hand around that Ultimate grip and it just reeks and feels quality.

One can never have too many buttons.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 7 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 7:55 PM, tanda01 said:

I received the new cams and they are exactly the same as the old cams ... obviously no improvement.

From the amount of complaints about this stick and the flawed design - I'm surprised they are still selling it.

It is pretty much unusable. I am beginning to believe it won't be fixed and am looking for a new stick base. A shame to throw away $450 ... I was hoping this would be a forever stick

Same situation as you.

Purchased this several months ago, received the replacement cams and they're exactly the same if not slightly worse in some cases.

I can't believe this is being recommended by many people as the best option for desk or rig mounting.