Supercarrier and F-14?

bell_rj

I don't understand how ED and Heatblur haven't already worked together to make this happen. Is it because ED sees the free Heatblur carrier as being a threat to their sales? I hope not, because if ED use these strategies I can see many module developers breaking away from DCS. There's a rather large new simulation on the way, and if these talented modders can introduce combat systems to it, ED is going to face an incredibly challenging road ahead.

Wow, you got all of that from Wags' statement?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Very good point, though I wish the response from Wags was a little more optimistic and detailed. I'll hold off on buying the carrier until Tomcat support is confirmed.

+1

ED/Wags,

If the Supecarrier is released before this is all sorted out, is there any chance the pre-release discount could be extended for us Tomcatters?

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

See, for Heatblur to integrate with the SC module... the SC module would have to be mostly complete. I mean, these are two different teams, at different companies, in different countries. It's entirely possible that the method by which ED wants the new hook/wire to work, may be FAR FROM FINISHED. It may not even be at all the way the finale version might work. So how could Heatblur do anything without an SDK for the new system... if ED isn't finished making it work and testing it, before they even write an SDK for Heatblur and others?

All I'm saying is, it's way too early to panic. And there's no need to panic because everyone wants this to happen. I'm confident that as long as the two companies remain in business, they will both make every effort to make this happen.

Oh great, now ppl will start asking the companies in a panic, about their financial futures now.... LOL!!

It'll work. Heatblur is Heatblur and they will do everything they can to make it work. Meanwhile Wags said the ball is in their court.

HB said they are getting rudimentary trap info from DCS which implies they have been given access to the development model of SC to work with.

People are panicking as if HB and ED are sworn enemies and SC will never be compatible with the F14 because ED will withhold tech details to prevent it.

HB and ED are not enemies, they are close business partners and will do whatever is necessary.

This thread is a non issue. When SC has been released and downloaded onto customers PCs and has issues with the F14 not compatible with it, that's when it's time to get salty. Not now.

I have a lot of faith in HB and have a lot of faith in Wags, therefore I am not concerned yet.

Only feeling I have at the moment is pleasure at the 50% discount I got and it should be the same for everyone else. That is the only interaction any of us will have until launch date, therefore this non issue affects no one other than the devs at this moment in time.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Yeah, this thread is really just a place for people to "panic" before the carrier is even released.
NO Don, BAD Don! ;) My thread is really just a place for me to understand whether my F-14 will be fully compatible with DCS:Supercarrier.

I am pleased that Wags has replied and that ED understand the demand to use the F-14 on the new carrier. I will await further updates.

PC specs:

I probably won't get the Supercarrier if the Tomcat isn't supported. I have the Hornet but play the Tomcat much more and would use the Forrestal.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

It's just not good business practice to show trailers and charge pre-orders when you can't even guarantee something as simple as "Is X aircraft compatible with this module?" as of yet, because for alot of customers that's a dealbreaker.

Agreed. It never even would have occured to me to ask if the Tomcat would be supported because how could it not be? But apparently there's some question in ED's mind. Insane! I'm glad somebody thought to ask. ED always finds a way to remind me not to assume anything, no matter how basic, will be included or supported in their early access releases.

I probably won't get the Supercarrier if the Tomcat isn't supported. I have the Hornet but play the Tomcat much more and would use the Forrestal.

+100

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Super Carrier is not finished and will be an EA product. Which means not feature complete. ED can only speak for themselves. The Hornet is theirs so it makes sense for it to be the module to prove proof of concept. Why the actual hook up for aircraft that work off the Stennis would change is beyond me as I am not a programmer.

Since it’s not finished how can HB commit to an unknown amount of work to support an unknown implementation of an EA product that is subject to change. The best we can ask for from HB is a “we hope to support SC” until they know the scope of work.

It would be silly to have a Super Carrier with only one aircraft. Also, it doesn’t make sense to be convinced to wait and miss a 50% discount by the naysayers if you own the F-18.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought so, Wags was being diplomatic and careful in his reply. He cant promise what another developer is going to deliver, only the developer concerned can do that.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

But at moment ACLS of F-14 is supportated ?

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

+100

Well at least there were no tomcats shown in the trailer, because if there were and you know that as of now they would not even work, that would be misleading....

watch at 1:00

I bought this module for the F14 ...

Thank you ED for not having said it before

INTEL Core i7-10700K 3.8Ghz - MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO 8G - CORSAIR VENGEANCE LED DDR4 - 3200 Mhz 4x8go - Be Quiet ! 850W - Hotas Warthog - Fox Spirit PGM 340 - Oculus rift S

Supercarrier and F-14?

“I bought this module for the F14 ...

Thank you ED for not having said it before”

And....HB has responded they are currently compiling the F-14 into the Super Carrier development branch, so, why keep fanning the flames.

SC is a product being developed by ED and HB is working to bring the F-14 over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please Wags tries to update the road map with the features that ED currently cannot implement because depend on any decisions / interests of third-party developers in this case HB

He was being sarcastic mate.

I appreciate that OP of this thread asked this question since people assume too much on their own in this community and then get defensive or shocked when reality catches up.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

I guess at this point we can completely forget about the simulated crew assistance and radio support for the Harrier.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

I guess at this point we can completely forget about the simulated crew assistance and radio support for the Harrier.

Third party product as good as it is. Nothing to to do with ED or anyone else other than the developer. ED have always been clear at the POS who the developer of a particular module is. Talk to Razbam about crew assistance etc.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Alright, I have posted on RAZBAM Harrier sub-forum. Lord have mercy.

As I stated earlier - they don’t actually show the F-14B interacting with the new carrier, so it is a placeholder of sorts. The Hornet is the only one that they show catting and trapping.

Mods - the OP’s question was clearly addressed pages ago via Wags. Probably good to close this thread now eh? Keep the flames down..

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Mods - the OP’s question was clearly addressed pages ago via Wags. Probably good to close this thread now eh? Keep the flames down..

The best thing about DCS is how many daddies we have.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please Wags tries to update the road map with the features that ED currently cannot implement because depend on any decisions / interests of third-party developers in this case HB

Dont try to frame HB for this mess.

I am concerned about the communication on EDs part here to be honest. It bends my mind that ED shows the tomcat working with the carrier while being fully aware that it does in fact not and might never.

Wags answer was "we dont know yet" and not will be included later.

I dont think the work in progress not final product etc. tag is a valid excuse for false advertisement. You cant just raise expectations and then be like "nah we said not final so its your fault"

The information that the tomcat does not work should have been included before people paid for it.

Why do I care? Friend of mine flies the tomcat and preordered it due to having no reason to assume anything but integration.