December should be a great month for the Hornet

Peter22

"December should be a great month for the Hornet".....:music_whistling:

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

• ED Team

We added TWS mode in December and included many fixes.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

One cannot please all at the same time, all will always complain though.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

So...

"December should be a great month for the Hornet"

It was a very good month for the Hornet. Did anybody actually say it will be the same good for DCS Hornet owners?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team
I agree. However ED comms are poor, so it's easy to forget, or never realise in the first place. There are truths on either side of the argument.

Weekly newsletters, patch notes, questions answered on discord and mini updates, but if you think that is poor, I suppose that is your opinion.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
...and Reddit including the boss.

Thanks I forgot about them also :)

I agree. However ED comms are poor, so it's easy to forget, or never realise in the first place. There are truths on either side of the argument.

They do better than most. Nineline and BigNewy are almost always there to make sure we didn't miss something. ED is caught between a whiner and a temper tantrum.

Everyone demands to know "What's Next" and "When can I expect" and when they try to feed those demands and are off by a cycle or two the torches and pitchforks come out.

So speaking strictly for myself I have nothing but admiration for everyone from Wags on down who are trying their best and still find themselves tied to a post over the pyre.

Weekly newsletters, patch notes, questions answered on discord and mini updates, but if you think that is poor, I suppose that is your opinion.

I will try and be more constructive, and provide a suggestion as to how I think things could be improved, and why the above is inadequate.

I believe there should be a central location on the DCS website, probably on the pages for each module, detailing what's been implemented, what's work in progress, including a time line of when to expect new features and bug fixes. We shouldn't have to go hunting in various locations to find this information. The items you've listed are welcome, but should be an addition.

• ED Team
I will try and be more constructive, and provide a suggestion as to how I think things could be improved, and why the above is inadequate.

I believe there should be a central location on the DCS website, probably on the pages for each module, detailing what's been implemented, what's work in progress, including a time line of when to expect new features and bug fixes. We shouldn't have to go hunting in various locations to find this information. The items you've listed are welcome, but should be an addition.

Feel free to PM me with your suggestions, lets not derail this thread.

Not when compared against most other early access titles and developers there arent.

Fact is, it just *isnt possible* to tell you what you really want to know - it seems you want to know the day a particular feature will be completed and you want them to stick to that date.

Well they cant give you that date and they cant guarantee to stick to it, thats the reality of games development - or really, ANY large project of any significance.

And "you shouldnt have to go hunting in various locations"

Why shouldnt we? Who made that a rule? That the information exists should be enough, you want it, go get it.

Understand that this is an extremely common complaint made on almost every dev board and that almost nobody has time for these kinds of issues, because most of them come from spoiled, obnoxious young kids who have no idea how anything works, who are blind to the 10,000 threads which already answer their question, who get very angry when they arent immediately placated. If any dev treated al of these complaints as if they were legitimate, reasonable questions, then they would have zero time left for actual development.

So communications and speedy development are often counter-indicated, you cant have perfection in both.

So whilst I assume you are commenting in good faith, there is very good reason why not many people have much patience for these kinds of queries.

it really is a common complaint, and many decent game forums will delete comments or even ban users, for pestering devs about release dates or feature updates because otherwise the whole forum would be consumed with people asking the same thing or making the same - often extremely unreasonable - complaint over and over again, or defending one side or another, getting more and more irate.

Fact is - up there you literally have an ED "Community manager" (for one thing, that exists) who is reaching out to you directly and politely, instead of putting a temporary block on your user account. If that doesnt show a decent amount of effort going into communication, I dont know what would.

Edited by p1t1o

You're fundamentally misrepresenting (or misunderstanding) what I said.

I did not ask for specific dates.

I did not expect dates to never slip.

I did not state any 'rules'.

As you've pointed out, there are enough people getting annoyed and complaining. I'm simply suggesting we give people as little to complain about as possible. I'm not sure why you'd disagree with that.