How To Clean/Polish Old Panel Face???

Kenpilot

Hey guys, I scored an old C-6280 APX Panel that's in really good condition but I'd like to clean it up and polish the face plate to make it look almost like new again so it matches my other newly made panels in my A10 Simpit. Any ideas what I can do to polish the face of it to make the black look good again? The last thing I want to do is use the wrong chemical or tool and ruin it. Thanks for any suggestions!

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

Does anyone at least know if these older panels are made of hard plastic and painted or what they're made of? I know the face plate isn't metal. Obviously if they're painted, I won't be able to clean it and make it look like new unless I want to repaint it, which I wouldn't, but if it's a black acrylic, I would guess I can buff it or use some kind of chemical to clean it and make it shine again?

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

• ED Team

Moved to home cockpits you may get a better response.

I have a lighting panel from a merlin helicopter, it is like a plastic pretty sturdy, I cleaned mine with a damp rag and it was fine

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Moved to home cockpits you may get a better response.

I have a lighting panel from a merlin helicopter, it is like a plastic pretty sturdy, I cleaned mine with a damp rag and it was fine

I looked for a Topic like that and didn't see it. Obviously didn't look hard enough. Thanks Bignewy, appreciate it!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

they are painted hard acrylic (Plexiglas) Clean with goof of or a grease cutter just spry it and clean with blue shop towels they are not abrasive as paper towels for the kitchen.If it does not feel grease or it not to dirty I use vinegar and water and a q tip to clean the white lines and face of the panel

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

You don’t want to polish it. It should be flat to matte. Shiny equals glare.

If you wanna go cookoo crazy you can fill the legends in with something like Vallejo liquid mask (it’s a liquid latex) and give it a respray with a quality flat or matte enamel. I think the boings use a urethane lacquer but I’d stick to an enamel for acrylic compatibility. Testors Model Master spray enamel holds up well as I used it in a race car build of mine so it gets some harder use.