Training Missions for the JF-17

Rudel_chw

Hello Rudel_chw,

I am a new DCS user.

I have a JF-17.

I am French and am translating your training missions.

Once finished I can send them to you so that you make them available on your topic.

At the same time do you allow me to share your mission series translated from my side?

Send me a private message if you're interested.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Hello Rudel_chw,

I am French and am translating your training missions.

Once finished I can send them to you so that you make them available on your topic.

At the same time do you allow me to share your mission series translated from my side?

Hello,

Agreed, you may translate them to your language and then upload them to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/ using your own account.

Please, don’t upload them anywhere else. If you send me the link, I will place it on the first post of this thread.

Best regards,

Eduardo.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi ! Im mission M11 - Defensive Systems, when F-18 spawn, he launch the missile Aim-120B in TWS mode and dont trigger next event.

Hi,

Sorry for the long wait .. today I managed to fix this issue, by replacing the sneaky F-18 with a dumber F-14A that will use STT rather than TWS to attack us. :thumbup:

... Is there no trigger to make Ai attack only in STT?

Unfortunately, not any that I know of :( .. I tried the Sparrow approach and while it does work, the whole Training section lost its meaning, since the Sparrow is a Fox-2 rather than a Fox-3 missile.

In the end, I chose to replace the Hornet/Amraam combination with a Tomca/Phoenix one and that did the trick: it always attacks using STT :smartass:

I realized that this mission, as initially designed, does not teach the player about how the TWS/RWS attacks are not given enough warning by the RWR .. but unfortunately I don't have enough time to alter the mission so much, as I've currently left the Jeff and I'm now dedicated to learning the A-4 and the MiG-21 ... so, this quick fix will have to do.

Best regards to all the users of my missions :thumbup:

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hello,

Agreed, you may translate them to your language and then upload them to https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/ using your own account.

Please, don’t upload them anywhere else. If you send me the link, I will place it on the first post of this thread.

Best regards,

Eduardo.

Hello,

Choose will be made according to your wishes as soon as I finish. In any case thank you and congratulations for the work done.

• 3 months later...

Hi Rudel,

I am enjoying your training missions. They are very well done and greatly help people who are new to the JF-17, like me!

I think I found some bug: In the mission where you learn how to use the Targeting Pod, at some point the following message appears: "Ok, using what we have learned so far, click on the Arrow next to the Waypoint display and edit the value to 41." When I follow those instructions, nothing happens. It seems the trigger is broken.

I think I found some bug: In the mission where you learn how to use the Targeting Pod, at some point the following message appears: "Ok, using what we have learned so far, click on the Arrow next to the Waypoint display and edit the value to 41." When I follow those instructions, nothing happens. It seems the trigger is broken.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the report, I will take a look at that mission and fix it :thumbup:

I will let you know once I have the fix ready.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/31/2020 at 12:55 AM, epolta said:

Just downloaded these and started playing them and they are awesome thank you for doing them!

Hi,

Glad you like them .. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having a good time with these missions, until I got stuck on one and can't progress 😞

In the GB-6 tutorial, when the instructions are to press the CNTL button, nothing happens when you click it. I've tried clicking it a half dozen times. Tried holding it down. Tried clicking it and pressing the space bar.  But nothing ever happens. How do you progress from this point? 

Thanks!

1-dcs.jpg

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

58 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

...  How do you progress from this point? 

Hi ... unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to fix this bug. As this worked at the time I edited the mission, it is probable that Deka has modified the internal codes that correspond to this part of the MFCD. This should be easy to fix, give me a few minutes to check on this and thanks for reporting the issue.

Eduardo

Edit: I've checked the mission and the reason for this Bug is that Deka changed the SMS options page for the GB-6 .. previously it was like this:

6iXGRQ3.jpg

Where you used the STA# button to toggle between the weapons stations, and also the target coordinates were shown on the middle of the MFCD. Now the same screen looks like this:

gINMklo.jpg

And you now have to toggle the weapon stations using the HOTAS, also the previous Mode default was PP while now it is TOO.

This means that I have to change a fair part of the mission, so this bug fix may take a day or two to edit. I will update this post as soon as I'm able to.

Best regards.

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi ... unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to fix this bug. As this worked at the time I edited the mission, it is probable that Deka has modified the internal codes that correspond to this part of the MFCD. This should be easy to fix, give me a few minutes to check on this and thanks for reporting the issue.

Eduardo

Edit: I've checked the mission and the reason for this Bug is that Deka changed the SMS options page for the GB-6 .. previously it was like this:

Where you used the STA# button to toggle between the weapons stations, and also the target coordinates were shown on the middle of the MFCD. Now the same screen looks like this:

And you now have to toggle the weapon stations using the HOTAS, also the previous Mode default was PP while now it is TOO.

This means that I have to change a fair part of the mission, so this bug fix may take a day or two to edit. I will update this post as soon as I'm able to.

Best regards.

Eduardo

thanks for confirming the issue. look forward to the updated mission

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

6 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

And you now have to toggle the weapon stations using the HOTAS

You can actually still toggle weapon stations by hitting the same OSB even when it doesn't have the station number. I've done it multiple times the past few days.

15 minutes ago, Mustang25 said:

You can actually still toggle weapon stations by hitting the same OSB even when it doesn't have the station number. I've done it multiple times the past few days.

thanks For the tip, I wonder why Deka changed the SMS of this weapon, it was perfect before and now it seems less functional.

23 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

thanks For the tip, I wonder why Deka changed the SMS of this weapon, it was perfect before and now it seems less functional.

Yeah, I dunno either. I don't know if it was intentional that the station OSB was removed or not or if they still mean it to be able to be pressed.

15 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

thanks for confirming the issue. look forward to the updated mission

Hello,

I've updated the mission, unfortunately you will have to download the whole package to get it: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309782/  I tried to attach just the single mission here but the Forum is limited to 5 MB uploads only.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, DashTrash said:

How do I import the files into DCS ? These look great can't wait to try em out.

User Missions go into the /Saved Games/DCS/Missions/ folder:

Kdf4lgl.jpg

I created folders inside of "Missions", because I have a large quantity of them, so I needed a way to organize them.

.. you access them on the game through the "Mission -> My Missions" menu option:

oKEhinM.jpg

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw

• 4 weeks later...

Buenas tardes, Rudel tengo problemas de trigger (presiona este botón y no cambia a la parte siguiente del tutorial) en las misiones 10 (anti buque) y 13 (bomba planeadora) después de la actualización a 2.7. Me temo que ED o Deka han tocado algo o varios algo. Muchas gracias

6 minutes ago, Hawk331 said:

Buenas tardes, Rudel tengo problemas de trigger (presiona este botón y no cambia a la parte siguiente del tutorial) en las misiones 10 (anti buque) y 13 (bomba planeadora) después de la actualización a 2.7. Me temo que ED o Deka han tocado algo o varios algo. Muchas gracias

Thanks for the report, I will check on this, but it won't be soon as I'm currently engaged on several projects and have not flown the JF-17 in almost a year.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 9:02 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Thanks for the report, I will check on this, but it won't be soon as I'm currently engaged on several projects and have not flown the JF-17 in almost a year.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Copy that, Rudel. No worries....Just thought it was worth letting you know.
Have a good one.

Edited by Hawk331

• 6 months later...

thank you so much for making these tutorials. I am struggling with the one for the 802AK (antiship mission). The narration stops at the point where it asks you to set the radar range to 80 nm. I have tried many ways to get around that block but cannot. Help?

Also prior to that when the radar is first introduced, the narration asks you to set the correct radar mode but does not specify. If you set any mode other than SEA2, the narration stalls. Selecting SEA2 however right off the bat allows the mission to proceed to where it stalls at the radar range selection.

If I choose to proceed with the mission, (active pause off) I can see the boat on the radar. I designate the boat with T5. Launching the AK gives some interesting results depending on where you are when you launch. Sometimes it will fly in a circle. Sometimes it will fly towards the land, terrain hugging a bit but ultimately crashing into a mountain. Even when launched directly at the target, the missile cruises right past the northern most boat (the Molinya) and crashes into the sea. Can you help me get this working? Or is it a problem with the 802AK?

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal