Any interest in more detailed skins?

I'm gradually reskinning some of the aircraft in LO-MAC in more detail. Su-24 here:

16906.jpg

15062.jpg

16908.jpg

I didn't take a screenshot of the original skin to compare, so here's the one from the UBI Lock On website, for comparison:

r_n_Su-24.jpg

** I know, it's not really fair to compare my skins to a beta pic, but what the hell :D

Is there any interest at all in such a package?

P.S. Ruggbutt, if you're reading this, I still yet to start on the F-15C cockpit...cockpit skinning is a lot harder than it looks.

sigzk5.jpg

The pic from the LOMAC site is misleading though, the current Fencer doesn't look all that bad. The screenshot still shows the Flanker2.5 model and textures ;) Still, your skin does a great job of weathering and emphasizing the panel-lines, much better than the stock one :)

The pic from the LOMAC site is misleading though, the current Fencer doesn't look all that bad. The screenshot still shows the Flanker2.5 model and textures ;) Still, your skin does a great job of weathering and emphasizing the panel-lines, much better than the stock one :)

I stated as much :) Read my post again, I said the original pic of the Su-24 is misleading, as it was taken BEFORE Lock On went gold, but I don't have a pic of the original.

Maybe you could post one? It would be appreciated, and I would replace the original with yours in a heartbeat :)

sigzk5.jpg

wow wow wow!! THat looks very very very nice :D The default lomac AI skins are pretty horrible. EXtremely LOW res, and low detail, look pretty much like cr/4p if it wasnt for the detailed models :wink: I have enjoyred all your heli skins/mods so far, You redoing ALL of the AI is a dream come true! Weathering and detailing like what you've done on that plane so far is exactly what we need. Dont stop, I hope you redo every skin!

Btw...what happened to all your Heli skins that you posted screens of but never released?

KuostASigcopy.png

wow wow wow!! THat looks very very very nice :D The default lomac AI skins are pretty horrible. EXtremely LOW res, and low detail, look pretty much like cr/4p if it wasnt for the detailed models :wink: I have enjoyred all your heli skins/mods so far, You redoing ALL of the AI is a dream come true! Weathering and detailing like what you've done on that plane so far is exactly what we need. Dont stop, I hope you redo every skin!

Btw...what happened to all your Heli skins that you posted screens of but never released?

I am definitely NOT redoing all the AI skins. I don't have that much time on my hands ;)

I've redone some other skins...so far, also the F-15C, AH-64, CH-47 and AH-1W. They're available in the Lock On forums at Simhq...you don't need to register and you can easily find the links. BTW, my helo skins were released as part of my campaign, as I didn't have the time nor could spare the resources to upload seperate files.

sigzk5.jpg

o ya, I remember, I DID dl those helo skins part of the campaign, i never had time to try it, i might soon. The F-15C skin sounds promising as well, cant wait to get my hands on it once i find it. Well anywaze, Im sure the AI planes you ARE doing will be fantastic...i love the weathering, dirt, and old effects, thats what makes it realistic and awesome. Keep it up..updates and pics along the way would be nice. And last but not least, if you need any help with pics or skins, just give us a holla! :wink:

BTw..could you give me a link to the simQ site, i dont have it bookmarked

KuostASigcopy.png

• 1 month later...

Sorry D-Scythe, but I think the textures for F15 are very far from being "realistic", I mean camouflage is usually designed as a pattern of continuous stripes, with intention to blend the plane with the ground (when looking from the top). There two other types of camo - one of which is more angular, also consists of 2-3 colors (I don't remember I've ever seen it on planes) and the second one - spots of 2-3 colors, much like in your case but smaller in size. I would recommend looking at real planes, unless, of course, you we aiming to create a skin which "just good-looking", not trying to achieve any believability.

Sorry D-Scythe, but I think the textures for F15 are very far from being "realistic",

Um, I don't know what type of F-15C you've been looking at, but USAF Albino Eagles, as modelled in Lock On, sport two-tone grey schemes, either 'Compass Ghost' or 'Mod Grey':

f15mod.jpg

f15ghost.jpg

Compared to my skins in Lock On:

Screen.jpg

Looks pretty close to me :?:

I mean camouflage is usually designed as a pattern of continuous stripes, with intention to blend the plane with the ground (when looking from the top). There two other types of camo - one of which is more angular, also consists of 2-3 colors (I don't remember I've ever seen it on planes) and the second one - spots of 2-3 colors, much like in your case but smaller in size.

As said before, the F-15C is not intended to blend in with the ground, but rather the sky, since it IS an air superiority fighter - as such, it sports no type of paint scheme as you describe.

I would recommend looking at real planes, unless, of course, you we aiming to create a skin which "just good-looking", not trying to achieve any believability.

Maybe you should take a look at some real F-15s sometime. Just use Google or Alta-vista and image search it - type in "F-15" in the box, and take a good look at the pictures ;)

BTW, everyone, I have some bad news. All my skinning work has been wiped out as I had to re-install Win XP after a freak accident. As the work was so tedious, I decided to forego re-skinning any more planes. Sorry.

sigzk5.jpg

BTW, everyone, I have some bad news. All my skinning work has been wiped out as I had to re-install Win XP after a freak accident. As the work was so tedious, I decided to forego re-skinning any more planes. Sorry.

Hi.

why don't you try some programs such as GetDataBack (for FAT32 or NTFS). They can recover deleted files, even after re-formatting, partition crashes and some disk failures.

D-Scythe:

Sorry, I'm an idiot. indeed, such color scheme exists in reality.

(I found some nice pics on http://www.airliners.net/). It's too pity you lost your work.

Although I can hardly imagine that this scheme is for blending with the sky - it is visible for those who flies above the plane, so it is between the viewer and the ground, right? Unless it flies upside down :)