Couple graphical issues: no jester picture and missions show A4

Uxi

Couple graphical issues I've been noticing. Unlike videos I see, I have no picture of Jester in his menu (it's blank). Same with Iceman. Everything else seems to work.

Secondly, when all my missions launch, I see a picture of the community A-4 and not the F-14. Hornet missions show the F/A-18C... I had the A-4 installed first if that matters.

Anyone see these?

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

1. Look into options > special > F-14 - there should be option to see the crew member render in the menu.

2. A-4 installation probably changed default loading screen.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1) "Jester menu camera" was checked. Unchecked, did a mission, no change, checked again did a mission, no change.

2) Hmm, well I installed that first. I guess I could take it out of the folder but why would the F-14 be affected and not the F-18?

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

1. Delete fxo & metashader folders from \saved games\dcs\ and try. Then try running without mods. Then try to do DCS clean and repair. Then redownload F-14 module.

2) Hmm, well I installed that first. I guess I could take it out of the folder but why would the F-14 be affected and not the F-18?

2. Probably because F-18 doesn't use default loading screen. Actually there are two of them. One is general DCS screen with clouds then it changes to another screen for the module if one exists. I have yet to find a way to work that out with Tomcat. For now it's either default (my FC3 aircraft has proper loading screens, Tomcat only clounds) or custom/Tomcat theme (all aircraft has the custom/Tomcat loading screens) - not acceptable :)

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1) If you are playing in VR, the jester image is disabled. I see the Odyssey in your sig. If you are in TrackIR, that's is a whole different issue then.

2) That is a common issue with the A-4 mod. It supersedes some aircraft images.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Yes, am using VR so that answers it, thanks.

Any fix for the A4 picture? I like flying the little guy so can live with it.

Neither of these were deal breakers, really more oddities.

Specs & Wishlist:

You can try and rename the file loading-windows.png somewhere in the A-4 folder to *.bak. That way you won't see the A-4 picture but other modules won't be affected (default).