Tomcat death spin

Reflected

• 5 months later...
Some changes to this are in testing now, should be coming soon.

Can confirm Tomcat death spin is still an issue. Almost every time I get hit by a missile, I am unable to eject if both of the wings fall off because the Tomcat enters an unrealistic rapidly spinning dive, which renders the crew unconscious. I could understand not being able to eject in the event of crew death, but it doesn't seem realistic that the plane would suddenly start spinning extremely quickly with no wings. There isn't any rotational force applied to the body of the plane, so Newton's 1st law of physics is being broken here: no rotational force = no rotation on the aircraft.

i7-8700k OC to 5.1GHz, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Creative Sound BlasterX H7 Tournament Edition, Asus ROG Maximus X Code

Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB 3200MHz, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid, Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS Monitor, Logitech G510S, Anker 8000DPI Gaming Mouse, HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals, Track IR 5, Windows 10 Professional, https://www.youtube.com/c/iflyflightsims

A couple weeks ago I got hit by a missile and went into death-roll even with the wings intact!

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It's the whole neutron star - spinning ballerina thingy mates!

Say you are in a slight roll with your wings on. A missile hits you, now you have no wings! The angular momentum steel needs conservation, right? ;)

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

It is conserved, the energy goes away with the wings.

Unless you go to a totally METAL ballet recital, their arms stay attached.

Me was trying to make a joke! :P

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 5 weeks later...
Cap's Grim Reapers video the other day basically covers this, the whole fuselage is one big hit box it seems.

It is not.

However, DCS splash damage applies damage to a very big area, so when you get hit by missiles, most of the damage cells take damage.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/