TM HOTAS RadioCOMS-Views Conflict???

I have a TM Warthog HOTAS with Vaicom/VA and set up a HOTAS profile like others in forum. I have a strange issue I can't seem to sort out.

When I use the HOTAS COMS hat (right side - top) I get Views of airfields, carrier, rescue chopper interior, etc. I DO hear a radio click but it does not accept voice commands...but it just toggles thru Views.

There are NO Views setup in Option-Controls for any device other than Keyboard, except 'Enable visual recon mode' on Mouse_BTN2 (I'm not even sure what that does)

The setup is the same on the A-10C but it worked flawlessly for years. To top it off, the F-16 setup is doing the same bloody thing...I can't use HOTAS COMS in either fighter. :cry:

Anybody got an ideas of how to solve? Appreciate the help!

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I assume that it occurs whether Voice Attack with VAICOM is running or not. Just to be sure, revert your throttle to default for all categories and set it up again.

I have the same setup without issues.

If it doesn't occur when Voice Attack is not running, it means that the VA profile is messed up somehow and you can reset it through the VAICOM utility.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Well DCS uses the function / F# keys both to select radio options and views, so I assume something is sending those keystrokes expecting them to be making radio selections but the radio menu isn't open to capture them.

I don't use VoiceAttack so I can't say what could be causing that to happen.

I have a TM Warthog HOTAS with Vaicom/VA and set up a HOTAS profile like others in forum. I have a strange issue I can't seem to sort out.

When I use the HOTAS COMS hat (right side - top) I get Views of airfields, carrier, rescue chopper interior, etc. I DO hear a radio click but it does not accept voice commands...but it just toggles thru Views.

There are NO Views setup in Option-Controls for any device other than Keyboard, except 'Enable visual recon mode' on Mouse_BTN2 (I'm not even sure what that does)

The setup is the same on the A-10C but it worked flawlessly for years. To top it off, the F-16 setup is doing the same bloody thing...I can't use HOTAS COMS in either fighter. :cry:

Anybody got an ideas of how to solve? Appreciate the help!

Go into your Options/Controls screen. If you press any button or key, the screen will jump to the line of command that DCS senses, so you can see, if and which "unwanted" throttle button press is assigned to that function in the Throttle column. Clear that field. It is wise to check it actually after most updates, as updates tends to "reset" commands. I for instance usually see views commands getting back to POV button, despite I had it assigned to trim functions.

Hope this helps !

@Razor18,

You are correct so far my friend, the A-10 does does not have any response to the COMM hat on my throttle. Both the F/A-18 & F-16 go straight to 'F-12 Static Object View' although the throttle COMM hat has no assignment in that spot. Any clue how to rid myself of this issue, where could this F12 command be coming from?

I only use 1 profile for Vaicom/VA [VAICOM v2.0 A-10C-Profile.vap] for all aircraft as they share all the common commands. Would this make any difference?

Appreciate the assistance

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Did you check in the Controls page, what if anything happens, if you press the COMM button while you are looking at the control screen? If the command comes from your COMM button, as you suspect, then the control list will jump to the line of the F12 view. Then you can see in that line, still on the Controls page, what buttons or comand can initiate this view. Check all columns (Keyboard, Joystick, Throttle, maybe even scroll right).

@Razor19....YES..that's what I'm saying.

On the Control page the A-10 has NO response to input from the Throttle COMMS hat but it works perfectly.

On the Control page both the F/A-18 & F-16 have immediate response to input from the Throttle COMMS hat and it goes to the 'F-12 Static Object View' line. And there is NO setting in either fighter on that particular line under the Throttle section or any other section other than Keyboard.

So where might this be coming from ?

Are you using your Warthog in its default configuration or are you using TARGET? Although that'd cause the issue in the A-10C as well.

Did you try cleaning the entire line for the F12 view, including the keyboard command?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Is UI Lyaer the culprit?

I had similar issues with one button assignment and I found that it was bound to something in "UI Layer". In Options/Controls, instead of selecting an aircraft module, select "UI Layer". Any bindings in there override any bindings you might make for an aircraft.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@ Razor18...if you mean Target, nope...only DCS, VoiceAttack & Viacom running this show.

For some reason I suspected it's either VoiceAttack & Viacom...but things got weirder.

@Harker....no to Target and I'm clearing out all entries for F-12 now, whether they are visible or not. There as a bunch of crap assigned to the MFDs that were irrelevant so I removed them.

@LeCuvier...never even knew about that 'UI Layer' but have cleared out all entries that even looked weird.

After all this it's getting real bizarre:

A-10 is still all good on all missions

F/A-18 & F-16 are still a mess, but when using the Throttle COMM hat, the Up action does nothing, all other 3 actions results in 'bouncing' to views of every location I have placed a flight (friendly - enemy - static) in this mission.

Here's the REALLY bizarre part; this problem is somehow MISSION dependent!!!! I just threw together a simple mission with all 3 A/Cs starting HOT at Batumi and the Throttle COMM hat functioned the same (correctly) as the A-10 has forever.

Then I went back to another existing mission that had all 3 A/Cs and I'm back to A-10 GOOD, the 2 fighters BAD. WTF?!?!?!?!?!? How can this be problem dependent on the missions?

Appreciate all of your input....hehehehe....I'm getting closer...somehow:megalol:

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
clarity

Mission Options?

If it's misson-dependent, I recommend you open one of the "defective" missions in ME and go to Customize / Mission Options. You will see a bunch of options in the dark vertical pane on the right. Make sure nothing is ticked there unless you really want that option. Especially make sure none of the two Game modes is ticked!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5