Warthog HOTAS settings

davebert

Hi, I took the plunge and bought the JF-17 yesterday and today I was setting up my HOTAS according to page 10 of the Chucks JF-17 manual. Are all of those settings currently applicable and able to be set? I am having trouble figuring out some of them as they do not show up when I do a search. If they are all supposed to be able to be set up, I will reply with a short list of the ones I need help with.

Thanks,

DB

I assigned the whole lot to the stick, and it works great!

A tip: learn what the functions actually do, then think how you want them on your setup.

We need two hats on the stick with push functionality, which we don't have. I got around this by using a shift key and assigning the two 5-way hats to the WH CMS switch.

The rest are assigned to the TMS, DMS, side switch and base switches with shift if necessary.

I put COMMs and TDC on the throttle (mini stick), and TGP zoom on the slider.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Thanks guys for the info and screenshots. I was mainly having trouble finding all the sensors when I did a search. S1 and S2 sensors, the MMS section, and the T-6 Axis Antenna Elevation. I am using my WH in standard out of the box mode as I never used the Target software yet.

Thanks,

DB

you can see s1/s2 in the first screenshot, mms (master mode switch?) is T1 (forward/centre/backward for a/a, nav, a/g modes respectively)

axis setup here (t6 antenna elevation is also used to zoom in/out the tgp):

[ATTACH]224546[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the image and also now I know why I couldn't find some of the stuff. It was in the AXIS Commands. :music_whistling: I was in the AXIS tune for the curves but forgot about this area to look. I know that T6 slider worked on a few other jets but I didn't know where to enable it.

I appreciate the help,

DB