JDAM TOO MODE

dores893

Hey everyone. I am able to use the JDAM TOO mode on a target by locating the target and then sending the coordinates to the JDAM from the LIGHTING II pod. However, after that, I am unable to refresh the coordinates and hit a second target.

Here is what I do. I switch back to TOO mode and insert new coordinates into the TOO page, and I can see the coordinates change. But for some reason the targeting information in the HUD does not update. In fact, it gives me a target square that is not even locatable (you can turn 360 and never find it). If I'm updating target coordinates from the pod for target 2, why isn't the JDAM picking it up? What button did I not press?

Thanks,

Jim

Make sure you press NWS/Undesignate before designating another target.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

You need to depress NWS to undesignate the target, prior to using TDC depress for an additional target.

You can get 8 TOO coordinates entered for JDAMs and release them all on one pass.

The following is assuming that you have good alignment on your JDAMs, with EFUZ set, and all stations set to TOO mode:

1. Find target, TDC depress, verify coordinates accepted.

2. NWS to undesignate.

3. Step to next station

4. Repeat steps 1-2.

5. Step to next station.

6. Repeat steps 1-2.

7. Step to next station.

8. Repeat steps 1-2.

If you are using double racks, after you STEP back to station 8 (original starting station), then you need to depress TOO 2.

Repeat steps 1-2.

Step

Select TOO 2

Repeat steps 1-2.

Step

Select TOO 2

etc, etc.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Thanks for the quick answer. My follow up question has to do with accuracy. My JDAMs seem to hit "near" the target more often than not even when I zoom in all the way on the pod before I hit TDC depress. Is there anything I can do to increase accuracy? Does the release mode or orientation of the Hornet play into this? I'm missing targets when I have a 01 (good) alignment.

On an unrelated note, the dispenser button used to (I thought) just run the countermeasure manual program I selected (I like Man 3). Now it seems to blow my entire load. How can I just run my program?

Not sure if you're doing this already but with jdams make sure that you target the base of the target. If you aim directly at a tank for example there's a good chance you'll actually be targeting a point behind them somewhere.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

In terms of the countermeasures:

I personally use programs, rather than just moving the dispenser toggle switch to “bypass.” I have my reasons.

Bypass, via the toggle switch, will dispense 1 chaff for CMS forward and 1 flare for CMS aft.

I personally like to use programs - for that you want to set program 1 and program 5 - as those are the two used, with forward and aft.

I set PGM1 to 0chaff, 1flare, 0.50 interval, repeat of 2.

I set PGM5 to 1chaff, 0flare, 1.00 interval, repeat of 2.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Hi,

I think now it's not possible, following to an update made in November. (you could do it in the past but not now).

When you enter the coordinates of a second station, this will change the coordinates of the first one.

You can only enter 2 coodinate TOO1 and TOO2 in a only one station.

Release the two bombs and select two more coordinates in TOO1 and TOO2 of another station.

etc ...etc...

(Look the Chuck Guide in Mudspike is very useful).

You need to depress NWS to undesignate the target, prior to using TDC depress for an additional target.

You can get 8 TOO coordinates entered for JDAMs and release them all on one pass.

The following is assuming that you have good alignment on your JDAMs, with EFUZ set, and all stations set to TOO mode:

1. Find target, TDC depress, verify coordinates accepted.

2. NWS to undesignate.

3. Step to next station

4. Repeat steps 1-2.

5. Step to next station.

6. Repeat steps 1-2.

7. Step to next station.

8. Repeat steps 1-2.

If you are using double racks, after you STEP back to station 8 (original starting station), then you need to depress TOO 2.

Repeat steps 1-2.

Step

Select TOO 2

Repeat steps 1-2.

Step

Select TOO 2

etc, etc.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Edited by emibat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I think now it's not possible, following to an update made in November. (you could do it in the past but not now).

When you enter the coordinates of a second station, this will change the coordinates of the first one.

You can only enter 2 coodinate TOO1 and TOO2 in a only one station.

Release the two bombs and select two more coordinates in TOO1 and TOO2 of another station.

etc ...etc...

(Look the Chuck Guide in Mudspike is very useful).

You can have different TOO1 and TOO2 targets for each station and release all bombs in one pass. Just make sure you don't use QTY and remember to go TDC (log TOO) and then NWS/Undesignate before you go to the next station. Then you release one bomb per rack, and then change TOO+Release for each station. I tried it a couple of days ago and hit 8 targets.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Thanks, I will try. :thumbup:

You can have different TOO1 and TOO2 targets for each station and release all bombs in one pass. Just make sure you don't use QTY and remember to go TDC (log TOO) and then NWS/Undesignate before you go to the next station. Then you release one bomb per rack, and then change TOO+Release for each station. I tried it a couple of days ago and hit 8 targets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So just to clarify, if you have two bombs on a station you need to manually select TOO1 and then TOO2 when you step back onto that station? And presumably you need to press the pickle button once for each bomb?

And how on earth do you have time to do all this designate/undesignate/step sequence without overflying the target while trying to set everything up? :D Do you set an altitude hold orbit while you do all the setup then run in?

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Yes. You can set up TOO1 for all stations and then start from the beginning and set up TOO2 for all stations. Then you pickle four times and when you return to the first station, switch back to TOO1, pickle, next station TOO1, pickle etc.

Yeah, you can set up an orbit, if you need to. On the other hand, I don't think that a single Hornet launching 8 JDAMs is that common to begin with. Why do you have to destroy so many fixed targets by yourself and why do they all have to be destroyed at the exact same time?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

You still can use the QTY-option, but not before designating all your targets (just tested).

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Perfect, it's ok

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]