SU25 -T

Iceolate

Hi all,

Anyone experience any problems with SU25-T training scenarios and the microsoft force feedback stick. All scenarios cause my stick to shake rapidly so much that I have to exit the scenario quickly! Only the start up and take off first scenario seems to work fine. My other DCS modules work fine with the joystick. If I disable force feedback in the DCS options then the other SU25-T scenarios load ok but obviously no force feedback.

Any help appreciated.

The shaking is likely an indication that your airspeed for the given aircraft configuration (gear, flaps, "clean") is too high. Try reducing it when the effects is felt. This would also explain the lack of shaking during takeoff as the airspeed is low. Of course, you can also encounter shaking as you near the maximum available lift from the wings (pulling back too hard). This is common in low speed flight.

Speed management is a very important part of controlling an airplane.

Hi thanks for the reply.

The stick shaking actually occurs immediately the training scenario loads and appears on the display. The aircraft is in pause mode whilst the trainer speaks. The aircraft is not even in motion. I am wondering if it is the microsoft force feedback stick and that particular aircraft which is the problem..

Hi, No it stayed the same when the simulation exited pause mode.

I checked the force tune setting as suggested by AeriaGloria. Found in Options SU25-T Axis Commands. Selected Joystick Pitch FF Tune and gradually reduced the setting from 50 to 5 to eventually stop the shaking. For information, changing the setting on Pitch automatically changes it to the same setting for Roll and Rudder.Thanks for your time and suggestions.

Hi Thanks for your suggestion.I checked the force tune setting as you suggested. Found in Options SU25-T Axis Commands. Selected Joystick Pitch FF Tune and gradually reduced the setting from 50 to 5 to eventually stop the shaking. For information, changing the setting on Pitch automatically changes it to the same setting for Roll and Rudder.Thanks for your time and suggestions.