Сollective pitch control lever

K-51

18 часов назад, dh82a сказал:

I have the K51

Scoop, could you elaborate little on this ? We really like quick reviews :slight_smile:

While Virpils offering is much better looking, this one looks like more modest option.

125627_2.png
ScoopMudspike Mug Holder

Wow thanks.
I remember this photo))))

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 2:26 PM, dh82a said:

I have the K51

Scoop, could you elaborate little on this ? We really like quick reviews :slight_smile:

While Virpils offering is much better looking, this one looks like more modest option.

125627_2.png
ScoopMudspike Mug Holder
1h

282_2.png NEVO:

Scoop, could you elaborate little on this ? We really like quick reviews

Surely.

It is solidly made. Metal primarily. Some 3d printing but well done.
Three PTT buttons, Two four way hats. Two 2 position switches. One three position switch and a rotary dial

The bottom is open so by turning it upside down the electronics can be seen (repair access, but the side can also be removed for this?)

My brother is an electronics designer all his life in Telecoms primarily. He says the electrics are well put together - they are VIRPIL products.
It requires VIRPIL software which is free. A link and instructions are provided. Once the download was made it was plug and play by usb. Cable provided

No curves or settings of any sort required.

It comes with a mounting plate.

This can be installed by removing the left arm rest and using the chairs bolts/holes for the mounting plate The collective is then attached to the mounting plate. It worked well on my old office chair… alternatively the plate can be screwed into the underside of the chair. (see first photo above)
NB keep the bolts on the collective loose at first. The K51 allows the collective unit to slide backwards and forwards to adjust its position. I have the base plate near the back of the armrest. The collective can then be moved further back and then tighten the bolts (first photo)

Because my chair was very uncomfortable I bought an Ikea Markus chair for DCS use. The arm rest bolts are too wide to fit in the slots of the mounting plate. It would need a good drill bit to make the mounting plate fit. I got around the problem quickly (2 minutes to fit) by simply attaching the plate to the arm rest using cable ties. The ties need to be positioned well but it is quick, cheap and simple to do. It gives a good stable base for the collective and requires no skill to fit. The armrest remains in place.

Flying helicopters with it is dramatically easier-

With the friction set fully lose, the collective remains where you placed it if you let go. I fly with the friction tightened slightly to give me more tactile feedback. A personal choice.

Instead of a twist throttle there is a large rotary dial (fore and aft) on the right of the collective. I use this as a throttle to enable me to fly autorotation’s. It is very satisfying to wind back the throttle, plummet under control to the ground and flare. Then opening up the throttle and the helicopter takes off again. For my pre K51 autorotation’s it was a question of did I survive the impact or did I just destroy the Huey.

Accuracy in the hover is more than satisfactory. It is a reflection less of the K51 but more a question of how good the pilot is. I cannot blame the K51for my failings.

I fly the Huey so there is not much need for lots of buttons. However I keep my X56 throttle on the left of the chair. Even in VR I can use it as a button box so all the functions I could wish for can be bound.

Purchasing. I would do so again. It proved a simple process with delivery faster than I was advised at first and I was kept well informed. You begin by going on the ED forums and requesting being placed on the waiting list for one. You are advised by Mikhail how long this is likely to be. Next you receive an email asking if you still want one and you pay a deposit. Followed by the full payment.
Сollective pitch control lever - Page 16 - For Sale - ED Forums

Storage. It can be removed from the chair by two bolts. I find the chair remains usable with the K51 fitted. I like to ‘park’ the collective in the upright position (full power) to avoid knocks when getting in or out. CAUTION. Remember to lower the collective before you go into a helicopter with the engine already running!

Packaging was tasteful and very well done. Apart from mounting, it is fully assembled

I would buy another. I don’t think I will though as it is so well built it will outlive me. I would allow soldiers or @Victork2 's son to use it and have no fear for breakages

Cost UK £183 plus £44 postage. No tax asked for by customs.

NB I have not been paid in any way for this review.

Superb read! 👌🏻

Really can't wait for mine to turn up! 🤙🏻 Hopefully not long now ☺️🤞🏻

On 5/16/2021 at 2:26 PM, dh82a said:

I have the K51

125627_2.png
ScoopMudspike Mug Holder
1h

282_2.png NEVO:

Scoop, could you elaborate little on this ? We really like quick reviews

Surely.

It is solidly made. Metal primarily. Some 3d printing but well done.
Three PTT buttons, Two four way hats. Two 2 position switches. One three position switch and a rotary dial

The bottom is open so by turning it upside down the electronics can be seen (repair access, but the side can also be removed for this?)

My brother is an electronics designer all his life in Telecoms primarily. He says the electrics are well put together - they are VIRPIL products.
It requires VIRPIL software which is free. A link and instructions are provided. Once the download was made it was plug and play by usb. Cable provided

No curves or settings of any sort required.

It comes with a mounting plate.

This can be installed by removing the left arm rest and using the chairs bolts/holes for the mounting plate The collective is then attached to the mounting plate. It worked well on my old office chair… alternatively the plate can be screwed into the underside of the chair. (see first photo above)
NB keep the bolts on the collective loose at first. The K51 allows the collective unit to slide backwards and forwards to adjust its position. I have the base plate near the back of the armrest. The collective can then be moved further back and then tighten the bolts (first photo)

Because my chair was very uncomfortable I bought an Ikea Markus chair for DCS use. The arm rest bolts are too wide to fit in the slots of the mounting plate. It would need a good drill bit to make the mounting plate fit. I got around the problem quickly (2 minutes to fit) by simply attaching the plate to the arm rest using cable ties. The ties need to be positioned well but it is quick, cheap and simple to do. It gives a good stable base for the collective and requires no skill to fit. The armrest remains in place.

Flying helicopters with it is dramatically easier-

With the friction set fully lose, the collective remains where you placed it if you let go. I fly with the friction tightened slightly to give me more tactile feedback. A personal choice.

Instead of a twist throttle there is a large rotary dial (fore and aft) on the right of the collective. I use this as a throttle to enable me to fly autorotation’s. It is very satisfying to wind back the throttle, plummet under control to the ground and flare. Then opening up the throttle and the helicopter takes off again. For my pre K51 autorotation’s it was a question of did I survive the impact or did I just destroy the Huey.

Accuracy in the hover is more than satisfactory. It is a reflection less of the K51 but more a question of how good the pilot is. I cannot blame the K51for my failings.

I fly the Huey so there is not much need for lots of buttons. However I keep my X56 throttle on the left of the chair. Even in VR I can use it as a button box so all the functions I could wish for can be bound.

Purchasing. I would do so again. It proved a simple process with delivery faster than I was advised at first and I was kept well informed. You begin by going on the ED forums and requesting being placed on the waiting list for one. You are advised by Mikhail how long this is likely to be. Next you receive an email asking if you still want one and you pay a deposit. Followed by the full payment.
Сollective pitch control lever - Page 16 - For Sale - ED Forums

Storage. It can be removed from the chair by two bolts. I find the chair remains usable with the K51 fitted. I like to ‘park’ the collective in the upright position (full power) to avoid knocks when getting in or out. CAUTION. Remember to lower the collective before you go into a helicopter with the engine already running!

Packaging was tasteful and very well done. Apart from mounting, it is fully assembled

I would buy another. I don’t think I will though as it is so well built it will outlive me. I would allow soldiers or @Victork2 's son to use it and have no fear for breakages

Cost UK £183 plus £44 postage. No tax asked for by customs.

NB I have not been paid in any way for this review.

Hello, Hope this is readable.  This review is great and I would definitely re-iterate what has been said. I received mine this week and very impressed. However, on the above, the collective DOES have a twist grip for the throttle, so no need to use the thumb wheel. it takes a bit of strength to move it, so some may have overlooked this feature!!

I am keen to hear what people are mapping the thumbwheel too? I have it mapped for zoom, but maybe there is a much better use for it? especially on the UH-1

Cheers,

Mick 

Got mine not going to be using it due to unforeseen things but if anyone's looking for one inside the US I got one Never used and just received like this past week send me a PM well let it go for same price paid.     

K 51  makes a assume collective for the price cant get a better one that I can find for quality made out of metal.  Would be keeping it if I had the option here but right now its just not in cards so if anyone interested just shoot me a PM.   Hope you dont mind K-51 again love the product just cant use it now due my new setup I have the F 18 WinWing Set and just dont have the room to mount the collective anywhere with out having disconnect the throttle each time to just use it.

8 часов назад, JDale сказал:

Hi Mikhail,

Can I please be added to you list?

The shipping will be to the UK. Very hyped for this!

Thanks,

Dale

Hi Dale,

Added.
Thanks.

Hi Mikhail;

Can you add me to the list? 

Thanks

In the meantime, I need to come up with ideas how to mount this to my chair, the screws on my armrests are 170mm apart, too wide for the plate...

Edit: I'm in the US

Edited by wheesian

18 часов назад, Dan-1 сказал:

Hello Mikhail,

Please add me to the list also. Will you send a message via this forum when the item is available for shipping?

Thanks,

Dan

Hello Dan.  Yes, I will send a message to the PM. Write to the forum PM mail to duplicate the message.

Added.
Thanks.

13 часов назад, wheesian сказал:

Hi Mikhail;

Can you add me to the list? 

Thanks

In the meantime, I need to come up with ideas how to mount this to my chair, the screws on my armrests are 170mm apart, too wide for the plate...

Hello, Yes, positioning the device correctly is the most difficult task.

Added.
Thanks.

Please write your countries.

Hello, I am possibly interested in this product. How long would it take to get shipped approximately if ordered now? And how does the payment process work?

*edited*

I have been looking at reviews and they are all very positive. If the payment process is good I would like to be added to the waiting list. 

Edited by Cptn Obvious

5 часов назад, Cptn Obvious сказал:

Hello, I am possibly interested in this product. How long would it take to get shipped approximately if ordered now? And how does the payment process work?

*edited*

I have been looking at reviews and they are all very positive. If the payment process is good I would like to be added to the waiting list. 

Hello, I can't say the exact terms, from 2 months
When you receive a message from me that the device is ready for you, pay with PayPal.

11 часов назад, Cptn Obvious сказал:

Sounds good. Can you add me to the list? Do you need any other information from me? And will in receive some kind of confirmation for the order?

Accepted.
Information, only your country. It is possible in PM
What confirmation ??

On 5/8/2021 at 11:30 AM, K-51 said:

Hi,

Added.
Thanks.

I ask you to be patient, there are a lot of people, but I only have two hands))).

Hi @K-51, I just want to ask you, what kind of material is used on throttle? Could I expect the same (replica from original Mil helicopters?) as it is on a pictures on first page?

Thank you

Jiri

Bonjour je souhaite acheter un K-51, je vous ai envoyé un mail ce matin. Mes coordonnées sont dans mon email. Pouvez-vous confirmer ma commande? Achat pour la France.

Merci

Dovichino

Edited by dovichino

5800X - 3080 - 32GODDR4 - Reverb G2 - Virpil Mongoost T50C with constellation alpha - Сollective pitch control lever by K51 - Thrustmaster pendular - Honneycomb Bravo

11 часов назад, Thufir сказал:

Hello Mikhail,

Could you please add me to the production planning ? Shipping for France.

Thanks

Hello Thufir,

Added.
Thank you.

11 часов назад, Maverick24 сказал:

Hi @K-51, I just want to ask you, what kind of material is used on throttle? Could I expect the same (replica from original Mil helicopters?) as it is on a pictures on first page?

Thank you

Jiri

Hi Jiri,

The handle and button block are made of plastic for 3D printing. Its base is a metal pipe. The appearance of the ruchi has changed, but the parameters have remained unchanged, close to the Mi-8.

9 часов назад, dovichino сказал:

Hello I want to buy a K-51,

Answered in PM

Edited by K-51

1 hour ago, K-51 said:

Hi Jiri,

The handle and button block are made of plastic for 3D printing. Its base is a metal pipe. The appearance of the ruchi has changed, but the parameters have remained unchanged, close to the Mi-8.

I am afraid I did not express quite right. I ment grip of a throttle. A few posts above the grip is not the same as on the first pictures from you (the ones used on pictures from you seems very near to a real grip). That is what I ask for :). Thank you for your reply :). 

1 час назад, Maverick24 сказал:

I am afraid I did not express quite right. I ment grip of a throttle. A few posts above the grip is not the same as on the first pictures from you (the ones used on pictures from you seems very near to a real grip). That is what I ask for :). Thank you for your reply :). 

Sorry, difficulties with Google translator.
This is how it looks now.

https://youtu.be/fDuX_ZXvTqE