LOW COST HEAD TRACKING $59.93 + $1.99 shipping

https://www.amazon.com/S18-OpenTrack-Camera-TrackIR-Alternate/dp/B07P8HG3DW?tag=coa_us_g-20

Product description

★Head Tracking for PC Game

★Modified USB Webcam with IR LED Headphone Clip & TV Stand

★Ready to play games with head motion tracking

★Work with TrackHat OpenTrack and FaceTrackNoIR and FreeTrack

Use For:

PC combat flight and driving game, America Truck Sim, Euro Truck, War Thunder, FSX, ARMA3 ARMA2, DCS WORLD, PREPAR3D, etc....

PS3 EYE Camera Specification:

125 FPS at 350p 75 FPS at 680p (highest speed on the webcam market)

1.5 meter USB Cable Powered

With TV stand and 180 rotating stand

Manual focus turning

Not working on TrackIR software

Working on FreeTrack OpenTrack TrackHat OpenTrack and FaceTrackNoIr

All new and ready to go when the driver for PS3 eye is installed

The camera does not work with NatruePoint TrackIR system

IR resistance lens in the webcam is removed, an IR filter was added into the webcam.

The camera lens is replaced with other lenses

IR Led Clip Specification:

All new and ready to go

2 meter USB Cable Powered (5V 0.5A)

With magic strap, easily attach to the headphone.

System Required:

Support PC up to Win 10

Win 8 and Win 10 only work with FaceTrackNoIR and TrackHat OpenTrack.

615BWFHobCL._SL1132_.jpg

51hq6oY9gtL._SL1200_.jpg

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I should start by saying I currently use a hybrid system consisting of EDTrcker (Roll, Pitch, Yaw) and a PS3 cam and a UTC MK II (X, Y, Z) for the hardware. I use OpenTrack and CL-Eye for the software. This is my preferred setup when not playing in VR.

OK after that disclosure, I do have a TrackIR 4. I have tested the PS3 cam and UTC MK II with 6Dof and I found that it works just as well as TrackIR4. I can't speak to the version 5. I had 2 reasons for ditching Track IR. Number one is I got tired of TrackIR losing tracking when I look too far down or too far to the side. Going HYBRID totally solved that problem, I could not go hybrid using TrackIR as I know of no software that would allow me to do so. The second is I wanted to go wireless. Though I know you can do that with TrackIR they offer no "official" wireless IR solution, that also would not have solved the problem of losing tracking when looking too far to the side or down.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I should start by saying I currently use a hybrid system consisting of EDTrcker (Roll, Pitch, Yaw) and a PS3 cam and a UTC MK II (X, Y, Z) for the hardware. I use OpenTrack and CL-Eye for the software. This is my preferred setup when not playing in VR.

OK after that disclosure, I do have a TrackIR 4. I have tested the PS3 cam and UTC MK II with 6Dof and I found that it works just as well as TrackIR4. I can't speak to the version 5. I had 2 reasons for ditching Track IR. Number one is I got tired of TrackIR losing tracking when I look too far down or too far to the side. Going HYBRID totally solved that problem, I could not go hybrid using TrackIR as I know of no software that would allow me to do so. The second is I wanted to go wireless. Though I know you can do that with TrackIR they offer no "official" wireless IR solution, that also would not have solved the problem of losing tracking when looking too far to the side or down.

Couldn't you go hybrid with trackIR by assigning in DCS which axis are beeing used for what? I tought DCS allows for this, am I incorrect? I'm not home right now so I can't check.

Couldn't you go hybrid with trackIR by assigning in DCS which axis are beeing used for what? I tought DCS allows for this, am I incorrect? I'm not home right now so I can't check.
I was not able to get it to work. If you are able to please share your solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]