Can anyone tell me why my targetting pod will not enter ATRK mode?

Loophole

I've been practising with the targeting pod a bit recently, but am encountering some weird and inconsistent behaviour; I can't figure out the pattern to it and I'm hoping some of you wise folks can set me straight...

The targeting pod seems to have three modes; sometimes four; which you can switch between using the Sensor Control Switch. The modes are:

OPR / ATRK - Area Track

OPR / PTRK - Point Track (useful for moving targets)

OPR - Neither ATRK or PTRK, but still ground-stabilised

OPR - Neither ATRK or PTRK, and not ground-stabilised. Only happens sometimes?

Most of the time the targeting pod cycles OPR (stabilised) | ATRK | PTRK as I expect, but sometimes it drops one or the other option and sometimes the OPR mode refuses to ground-stabilise. E.g. it will cycle OPR (not stabilised) | PTRK, but won't enter ATRK or ground-stabilised OPR-only mode.

I have not been able to identify any pattern to this. I have not had it happen to me in a local mission - everything works exactly as expected. I have only encountered these issues when connecting to a dedicated server - but then 95% of my flying is done connected to a multiplayer server, so that isn't a statistically valid observation.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what is going on here? Thanks!

It's been a few weeks since I flew the Hornet because of Christmas etc so it may have changed, however I have seen this before.

I put it down to being a bug, usually for me master arm off, deselect the weapon and cycle the lower on the TPOD tends to sort it out.

Like you though I have not found out what causes it not to ground stabilise, which is the part I believe to be the bug.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk