The manual indicates the Viggen does not flare on landing, but I find if I'm on glideslope at 12-13 deg aoa, when the landing symbology changes to show descent rate, I am always coming in too hard and need to nose up, essentially flaring and slightly extending my landing point as a result.

Does anyone else see this? Am I doing something wrong?

Landing flare

Too fast? Or if you are using AFK too heavy perhaps?

Edit: reread your post so not too fast but what are your weight state?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I have seen this too, With weight less than 14000kg and aoa 10 there is a small dip too.

I have not found anything that says anything like “at this weight and aoa with the symbol on the line you should have this sink rate” so without reference I can’t say it’s wrong.

It just feel a bit odd when in landing config that you have such high sink rate.

At high weight, ok, but when landing light I would expect more lift?

Again, can’t say it’s wrong either.

• 3 weeks later...

And it seems to be correct, you should flare when landing with α12 or weight over 14000kg.

Even landing with α15.5 and weight under 14kkg there’s a dip depending on weight. perhaps if you are really really light weight there might not be a noticeable dip?

• 2 weeks later...

IRL we always made a flare when landing with α12. This is the procedure: reduce to speed 325k/h /α10. Keep this until 200m, from there α12. Over the RWY, rotate and touchdown with α14. AD(AereodynamicBraking) with α14. IRL the AD was done with α16. We never used the AFK.

Use position LAND P/O and set SLAV SI to F. Be VERY careful if making a landing with 80% fuel or more.

When landing with α15.5 (short field) NO FLARE.