Mig29K fan waiting patiently...

Mimes

Hello there,

By the way, by "fan" I do not mean a turbine of Mig29K, but someone who immensly enjoyed flying Mig29K in Flanker 2.5. To be more specific, flying a fast carrier capable jet with both, A2A and A2G awesome capabilities.

After a HDD crash and some Web "inactivity" from my side, did I miss anything about the future of Mig29K in Lock-On? I know this craft used to be hot in debates on the old Ubi forums as a replacement for Su-33 which had no longer A2G guided missiles. If I remember correctly, Stormin hinted something about flyable Mig29K and about Indian navy purchasing this bird. (God bless Indian navy... :) )

Any reply will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

On arms Naval Forces of the Russian Federation are not present Mig-29K. It all is told.

It will not be in game in the nearest time.

Комплекс «Андреич 84» производства УзССР с ЦБВМ «Аналитик-Т», РЭБ «ПОЭТ-МА 21В», ПрНК «Jameson 23» производит поиск цели типа «Т» для взятия на АС и последующего ТО согласно ИЭ книги «К», а так же для нерегламентированных работ.

On arms Naval Forces of the Russian Federation are not present Mig-29K.

...or Su-39, Su-34 or Su-30 ;)

The MiG-29K should IMO never have been taken out of the sim :(

I will second that.

While it is true it is not in service of Russian Federation, it:

* is in existence

* has awesome A2A & A2G capabilities

* has carrier capabilities and

* is fun in a sim

* was already modelled in Flanker 2.5 and

* will hopefully be bought by India so it will be "in service".

I'd be happy if ED just did "copy-paste" Mig29K from Flanker 2.5 to Lomac and added India to the list of countries :wink: for authenticity...

IMO no other bird matches the fun factor of Mig 29K in a sim. :D (except Super Flanker which is still not in service but as if it was modelled in Flanker 2.x under the name "Su-33").

Kind regards,

Mimes

True, and I would also love to fly Hornet in Lomac - just one cannot copy-paste flyable Horent from Flanker 2.5 to Lomac, 'cos there never was a flyable Hornet in Flanker code. Theoretically one could do such copy-paste with Mig-29K. :D

Kind regards,

Mimes

Probably better to give teh West a SEAD capable aircraft first ... if F/A-18's and so on start happening then we'll also see Su-30's and whatnot.

So pelase. How about concentrating on fixing the stuffthat's wrong -now- and dropping the 'x addon would be cool' - ... get serious :evil:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi Mimes,

Great to see another MiG-29K nutcase around here.....that makes at least two of us :lol:

However, I would agree with SUBS17, that if it was to happen, it should be done properly and as part of a larger naval oriented title :) . I personally don't believe in "dumping" a new flyable naval multirole fighter into the current naval environment in Lock-on.....regardless of whether the aircraft in question is a MiG-29K or an F/A-18C(..or both :twisted: ).

And by "naval environment", I am not referring to the geographical location(Black Sea), but to the current level to which naval warfare is represented - number and types of naval vessels, modelling fidelity of their onboard systems, weaponry, countermeasures, AI routines etc - all of which are in need of a "major overhaul" :)

For Lock-on a huge effort was made on the terrain, land warfare aspect, and introduction of two flyable dedicated CAS aircraft(A-10 and Su-25). The upcoming Su-25T add-on and the announced Ka-50 follow-on will take full advantage of the fantastically detailed terrain and take the CAS aspect a step further. What I like the most about the upcoming Lock-on 1.1 add-on, is the attention to detail and accuracy/realism in everything from flight models and damage modelling to radar- and weapons control systems.

When I said that I didn't think the MiG-29K should have been removed from the sim for Lock-on, I meant as an AI entry.....and code-wise it wasn't ;) ....it is still there and could be "resurrected" quite easily if a Lock-on standard MiG-29K 3D model was available.

However, the flyable MiG-29K as it was represented in Flanker 2.5, cockpit and system wise, was pretty far from the real thing and a proper representation of this (awesome)fighter as a flyable entity would require a *major* development effort along the lines of a flyable Hornet(very similar system wise). So a "cut and paste job", as you call it, of the MiG-29K player FM from Flanker 2.5 would not be a good idea.

I have no idea about what plans ED has for future projects, but one could hope that a naval oriented project figures high on their list - one that would bring the naval aspect as such up to level with the current land warfare ditto....and then introduce a couple of naval multirole fighters along with it :) .

-JJ.

JJ

....BTW forgot to mention...

Mimes wrote:

* will hopefully be bought by India so it will be "in service"

India already did buy the MiG-29K :D

They have placed an order for 12 x single seat MiG-29K(9-41) and 4 x two-seat MiG-29KUB(9-47) combat trainer variants - to be delivered in 2008.

They will, along with a number of Ka-28(ASW) and Ka-31(EAW) helicopters, be operated from the converted Admiral Gorshkov....which they bought as well :)

....and yes this time around it is official ;)

JJ

Great to see another MiG-29K nutcase around here.....that makes at least two of us :lol:
Count three...

"Heroism is the only way to get famous when you got no talent" Pierre Desproges

"Whether fifty millions people say a stupid thing,

it's still a stupid thing." Anatole France

....BTW forgot to mention...

Mimes wrote:

* will hopefully be bought by India so it will be "in service"

India already did buy the MiG-29K :D

They have placed an order for 12 x single seat MiG-29K(9-41) and 4 x two-seat MiG-29KUB(9-47) combat trainer variants - to be delivered in 2008.

They will, along with a number of Ka-28(ASW) and Ka-31(EAW) helicopters, be operated from the converted Admiral Gorshkov....which they bought as well :)

....and yes this time around it is official ;)

God bless India, as I said earlier... :D

Now all the realism dedicated simmers will not be opposed to any theoretical addon of Mig-29K in a future releases of Lockon. The Mig-29Ks will cheerfully fly aroung above the Indian ocean from Admiral Gorshkov, now that's cooler than Tandoori chicken!!!

At least you guys know how it feels to be a "MAMjetSNAF" (Modern And Military jet Sim Naval Aviation Fan).

:D

P.S.: Lockon rocks, as a matter of fact Flanker 1.x would surely be proud...

Kind regards,

Mimes

My opinion is those, what to make more many still, except for MiG-29K and the more so MiG-29KUB. there are still more many already made planes under management AI.

Or all here present though only fighters. But than for you the Instant - 29К from the Instant - 29С in game differs, in fact in life for example it so have made small weight that have cleaned IR traps.

Комплекс «Андреич 84» производства УзССР с ЦБВМ «Аналитик-Т», РЭБ «ПОЭТ-МА 21В», ПрНК «Jameson 23» производит поиск цели типа «Т» для взятия на АС и последующего ТО согласно ИЭ книги «К», а так же для нерегламентированных работ.

My opinion is those, what to make more many still, except for MiG-29K and the more so MiG-29KUB. there are still more many already made planes under management AI.

Or all here present though only fighters. But than for you the Instant - 29К from the Instant - 29С in game differs, in fact in life for example it so have made small weight that have cleaned IR traps.

. . . . Let me guess . . . online translation?

Most of that I understand, but the last sentence is a bit tricky . . . . .

I'd love to see the Indian MiG29K in Lomac . . . . but I'd have to admit that it doesn't really belong in the time and theatre. Real pity.

Oh well - I'll put it on the wish list, along with the coding for selectable cockpits (think two-seaters), A2G radar, and lots of MFD's . . . . sigh . . . .

Hi Britglider,

Sorry mate, but you are about as wrong as you can be! ;)

The MiG-29K was developed in the late eighties. Initial flight testing of the MiG-29K, Su-33 and Su-25UTG was conducted at the NITKA naval research & development facility - the place where an entire land based replica of an aviation cruiser deck is established......this facility is located on the Crimean peninsula and is the airfield named "Saki" in Lock-on :)

The Admiral Kuznetsov(and all other aviation cruisers) was built at the Nikolayev South shipyard located in the Black Sea city of Nikolayev(as the name of the yard indicates), and sea trials were conducted in the Black Sea.

The first landings by Su-33 and MiG-29K prototypes on the Admiral Kuznetsov took place on November 1st 1989.....in the Black Sea :) . This was the beginning of an extensive testing program which went on for almost two years.....in 1990 the second and final MiG-29K production prototype(bort # 312) joined the tests.

These "trapping" tests continiued into 1991, after which both the Su-33 and MiG-29K were certified for production and ordered by the Soviet ministry of defence.....but then came the collapse of the SU and, as you know, the suspension of most of the carrier program.

MiG-29K(9-31) is very much in line with both the time frame and theatre of Lock-on!. :)

I suppose you are refering to the MiG-29K(9-41) and MiG-29KUB(9-47) ordered by the Indian navy......these versions are only being developed as we speak, and though the basic concept is the same, they are new variants and not the same as the 1990 MiG-29K(9-31).

.....and lots of MFD's

The 1990 MiG-29K is a navalised MiG-29M and it had a cockpit with two monochrome CRT displays. The 2008 MiG-29K and MiG-29KUB ordered by India will have two large colour LCD displays and another two smaller "auxillary" CRT displays. :)

JJ

Hi,

Андрей_Андреевич,

Sorry but I dont understand - can you clarify your opinion?

Greetings!

Once again, excuse for my English.

-----

And so. I shall try to tell so that you could understand me.

I wrote that, ED there is a lot of work much. That in my opinion to do{make} MiG-29K it is not necessary. Because MiG-29K, is not present on arms of the Navy or Russian-AF. I spoke that there are other planes worthy, for example Su-24 or MiG-23 and MiG-25, I with the greater pleasure would agree to do some flying to them.

I wrote that at MiG-29K are absent ir-squib, (I do not know as you it will understand this word "ir-squib", can so you will understand about what i speak (analogue ASO-2)), I as I have in a kind that MiG-29K has no special advantages before the МиГ-29С, except for smaller weight.

I think even poorly but so you will understand me. ;)

P.S. My name in a latin spelling is written so: Andrey Andreevich

Hi Andrey,

Ok now I understand what you wrote.....but Andrey - the MiG-29K is a navalised MiG-29M! :D

This means:

* quardruplex fly-by-wire flight control system

* NIIR-N010 "Zhuk" multimode radar

* OLS-M optronic system(with TV)

* L-150 "Pastel" RWS

* 8 underwing pylons(+ 1 centerline) - 4500 kg of external stores can be carried:

* R-27RE

* R-27R

* R-77

* R-73

* Kh-35

* Kh-31A

* Kh-31P

* Kh-29L

* Kh-29T

* KAB-500kr

- 4500 kg of internal fuel capacity( thats about a ton more than the MiG-29S ;) )

- In-flight refuelling capable(retractable IFR-probe)

- tanker capability(with UPAZ refuelling pack)

- carrier capability

The MiG-29K is a more capable aircraft than the MiG-29S on every single aspect you can think of......except the one you mentioned as the only advantage :lol: ....

...the MiG-29K is not lighter than the MiG-29S - it is heavier :)

Max TOW= 22400 kg

....but has more powerful engines(RD-33K) to compensate.

JJ

* 8 underwing pylons(+ 1 centerline) - 4500 kg of external stores can be carried:

* R-27RE

* R-27R

* R-77

* R-73

* Kh-35

* Kh-31A

* Kh-31P

* Kh-29L

* Kh-29T

* KAB-500kr

Still no R-27T?

Hmmm... strange. :shock:

"Heroism is the only way to get famous when you got no talent" Pierre Desproges

"Whether fifty millions people say a stupid thing,

it's still a stupid thing." Anatole France

Hi Britglider,

Sorry mate, but you are about as wrong as you can be! ;)

Should have clarified - was talking about the Indian MiG29K's . . . . . which although sweet machines, would seem to be out of place.

The original prototypes would work, sure . . . . but of course never went into production.

Not that that's stopped ED with a couple of other aircraft so far . . . . :wink: