F/A-18C Dynamic Campaign: Battle Group Delta

MBot

The missionscripting file you modified is in the openbeta folder, right?

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else having an issue that they get a "delayed start" that never actually starts?

Yes, me too, you are supposed to remove statics from the Carrier (I guess) on the base mission.miz but at least when I've opened it, it showed no statics. Maybe someone can shed some light into it

Thing is the base mission is showing no statics on the Carrier, so I dont know how or what to remove :doh:

I was able to get it to work by switching ownflight to catapult start. You lose the cold start, but keep the carrier statics.

Can you please tell me where to edit that so I can do it as well? :)

Select your flight in the mission editor. Down near the bottom you will see a dropdown that has you as Ramp Start, or Ramp. Set that to hot or runway. It will automatically put your wingmen and you on a catapult at start.

Select your flight in the mission editor. Down near the bottom you will see a dropdown that has you as Ramp Start, or Ramp. Set that to hot or runway. It will automatically put your wingmen and you on a catapult at start.

In the end I had to delete the statics and restart the campaign, but thank you for your advice

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late reply, surely won't help who had to restart the campaign, but I hope it'll help the others.

I edit the statics out of the carrier in the ongoing mission .miz file, not the base one. That means that you have to edit it every time the system generates the new mission, but, at least, you can go on with your campaign.

Since I run the openbeta, I modified the path in line 7 of camp_init.lua as specified previously. However, when I use FirstMission.bat to re-generate a first mission, I get the following error (in CMD):

The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\XXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Battle Group Delta>

I verified my path and it is identical, yet I get "The system cannot find the path specified"...what I am to the edit in the bat.file with Notepad...I am not sure as to what is the correct path I need to input here...

plz & thank you!

Hey guys!

So, last week I tested if the date is affecting the workings of CCIP.

First, I modified a practice mission in Caucasus I normally use to drop dumb bombs, changing the date to June 1st 1990. I added some waypoints, took the same loadout I had in the campaign mission and went up, doing exactly what I did in the aforementioned mission. Everything went smoothly and CCIP worked normally.

So, I decided to fly again the strike mission in the BG Delta campaign.... and, well, CCIP didn't work, again.

As you can see in the screenshots (sorry for the resolution, they're taken in VR), INS was aligned and working (as you can see in the first 2 ss, WP distance is diminishing), I setup the 83s for single bomb CCIP release, and when I selected the bomb the CCIP line was slanted and totally unuseable...

Anyone has any idea why the systems are working this way? Next mission is another strike one...

I have exactly the same issue since last patch (or maybee previous one). I started this campaign without problem, aligning as indicated by ED comunity manager. But now all is messed up...:doh:

Talon Karde

Du Talon de qualité, élevé au grain et en plein air, entièrement livré en kit.

Mauvais pilote:joystick: sur DCS: F-14B, DCS: F/A-18C et DCS: Mirage 2000C :wub:

-= In Ctrl + E + E + E we trust =-

Blog Takarde Gaming

Envie de tester Shadow de Blade? Tiens, un code de parrainage : ARNJB3VB

Hey Talon!

I actually never solved that problem, I simply go to the ME everytime the system generates a strike mission for my flight and change the date from 1990 to 1994.

Since last update, btw, you have to delete the statics from the deck to start the mission, as you might have seen in the previous posts.

Hey Talon!

I actually never solved that problem, I simply go to the ME everytime the system generates a strike mission for my flight and change the date from 1990 to 1994.

Since last update, btw, you have to delete the statics from the deck to start the mission, as you might have seen in the previous posts.

What I don't understand is why it appears a few patches ago...:huh:

Talon Karde

Du Talon de qualité, élevé au grain et en plein air, entièrement livré en kit.

Mauvais pilote:joystick: sur DCS: F-14B, DCS: F/A-18C et DCS: Mirage 2000C :wub:

-= In Ctrl + E + E + E we trust =-

Blog Takarde Gaming

Envie de tester Shadow de Blade? Tiens, un code de parrainage : ARNJB3VB

Hey Talon!

I found deleting the first static closest to the starting position (can't remember off hand what it was) was sufficient to get going with the mission.

What is supposed to happen after you exit the mission? I exited after landing and got the ED black and yellow load screen. After a while I alt-tabbed to find the debrief and command prompt, read the debrief and hit yes to accept the mission.

The generator said it had generated mission 2, and then nothing. The game was stuck on the load screen and after force-killing it with ctrl+alt+del the campaign was back to mission one.

Any help would be appreciated, not keen on flying another 2 hours for the same to happen. Played on latest stable.

DS

When you quit the mission the game should take you to the debrief page (inside DCS) where you can select to close, fly again or end the mission. Here you must choose end the mission to save your progress within the campaign.

After generating the next mission using the command prompt you should be able fly it by continuing the campaign in the campaign menu.

It sounds like your game locked up after quitting the mission so it didn't save your progress.

Hi,

I installed the FA-18c Dynamic Campaign on my Openbeta installation, I apply all modifications.

But I can't fly, I stay on MAP and see the difference package fly to targets.

My fly is delay.

When I end the mission, I have the debriefing page, and I generate a new mission, but always the same problem, I stay on MAP.

Have you a solution ?

THX.

When you quit the mission the game should take you to the debrief page (inside DCS) where you can select to close, fly again or end the mission. Here you must choose end the mission to save your progress within the campaign.

After generating the next mission using the command prompt you should be able fly it by continuing the campaign in the campaign menu.

It sounds like your game locked up after quitting the mission so it didn't save your progress.

Yup, flying it a second time and it didn't hang on exit, so got to the debrief. Still have to alt-tab or quit the game to get the command prompt though.

Flown 2 SEAD sorties now, any idea why my flights HARMS just wander off into the desert? The first mission had 0 hits, on the second mission (both SA2 at abbas) 2 out of the flight's 16 HARMS hit their targets. 2 hit the ground nearby a sam-site and the rest flew straight and level into the desert.

Thought it might be a procedure error on my part, but when the AI also have 0% hit rate, something must surely be off?

Yup, flying it a second time and it didn't hang on exit, so got to the debrief. Still have to alt-tab or quit the game to get the command prompt though.

Flown 2 SEAD sorties now, any idea why my flights HARMS just wander off into the desert? The first mission had 0 hits, on the second mission (both SA2 at abbas) 2 out of the flight's 16 HARMS hit their targets. 2 hit the ground nearby a sam-site and the rest flew straight and level into the desert.

Thought it might be a procedure error on my part, but when the AI also have 0% hit rate, something must surely be off?

The command prompt sometimes pop up automatically and sometimes it doesn't. As long as you remember to generate the next mission before continuing the campaign you should be okay.

Regarding the HARM behaviour there is a script in the campaign which switches off the SAM radar when a HARM is detected to simulate what the operator does in real life. So I think it is working as intended.

During a SEAD mission you only need to suppress the SA threat by forcing it to shut off its radar. It is the strike group's job to take them out (safely) after they have been suppressed.

The command prompt sometimes pop up automatically and sometimes it doesn't. As long as you remember to generate the next mission before continuing the campaign you should be okay.

Regarding the HARM behaviour there is a script in the campaign which switches off the SAM radar when a HARM is detected to simulate what the operator does in real life. So I think it is working as intended.

During a SEAD mission you only need to suppress the SA threat by forcing it to shut off its radar. It is the strike group's job to take them out (safely) after they have been suppressed.

Love it! :D

Hello.Installed this campaign, but it doesnt work for me. Im using steam version of DCS 2.5.6. When loading it in DCS, i get the error crashing DCS. Clicking "Ok" it gives the same error every time. Sadly i cannot take a screenshot of it, can only capture the screen behind the error window. The error is nothing more than a small windows message box with nothing written but the name of the message box "Mission script error". Messing around with paths in BAT files, tried running "First Mission" and the reset was succesful. Then i tried running DEBUG_DebriefMission and got this error:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\bin\luae.exe: ..\..\..\Scripts\Debrief

_Master.lua:15: attempt to call a nil value

stack traceback:

..\..\..\Scripts\Debrief_Master.lua:15: in main chunk

[C]: ?

C:\Users\Vartotojas\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\FA-18C Batt

le Group Delta>

Found said file in DCE/Scripts folder, opened it and tried to comment out line 15 to see if that makes any difference. When running DEBUG_Debrief again, it changed from line 15 to line 16 and so on. Enabled(deleted the "-" sign) sanitizeModule('os') in MissionScripting.lua. Mission managed to load, but i got an in-game message, asking to disable it again in order to progress with the campaign. DEBUG_DebriefMission still shows the same error as before. Disabled the sanitizeModule('os') once again and got the same error as the last time, crashing my DCS. Leaving sanitizeModule('os') disabled, cant load any other campaigns aswell, getting the same error and crashing DCS.

Error.thumb.jpg.714974ae514ef1d2d2d2530aec11094b.jpg

Edited by Crytiv

Is there a way to make it so I can start on the catapult or in-air as opposed to shut down on the ramp by default instead of manually modifying the mission after it is generated?

Edited by flyinj23