Full Screen issue

In order to enter full screen while running DCS, this box needs to be checked. This started around a year ago, and I just thought I'd uncheck it once and it still does not allow me to enter full screen.

Not aware that this has been brought up before, and it effects performance, so that's why I'm posting it here. Thanks for any solutions.

981992130_Screenshot(6)_LI.jpg.c9db8ca57fb70273f7a3739b48d9f613.jpg

In order to enter full screen while running DCS, this box needs to be checked. This started around a year ago, and I just thought I'd uncheck it once and it still does not allow me to enter full screen.

Sorry, but that is simply not true!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

No problems here with going fullscreen without that option. Maybe a settings-problem on your side?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Sorry, but that is simply not true!

How are you going to say then when I have the problem? ^^^:megalol:

Anyway, It just happened after an update a while back. I guessing and hoping it's on my end but I've messed with some settings and I did a complete reinstall as well. Not a big deal really.

• 4 weeks later...

OP is absolutely right about the fact that "true" full screen is not working correctly in DCS. There was a long time when you could fix this by yourself by pressing Alt+Enter. Then something happened and true full screen worked without Alt+Enter, if you had full screen enabled from DCS options screen. But just like OP wrote, this changed again some time ago and all we get now is borderless full screen. This is a bug and should be addressed by ED.

There has always been a very simply way to verify, whether you are running a borderless or "true" full screen mode. When you are playing DCS or any other Windows game, change the system volume up or down. If the Windows volume bar pops up in the upper left corner of the screen showing the current volume level, you can be 100% sure that you are running the game (only) in borderless full screen.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

There has always been a very simply way to verify, whether you are running a borderless or "true" full screen mode. When you are playing DCS or any other Windows game, change the system volume up or down. If the Windows volume bar pops up in the upper left corner of the screen showing the current volume level, you can be 100% sure that you are running the game (only) in borderless full screen.

Well, all I know is that it runs in full screen for me, and the Windows volume bar doesn't pop up when adjusting the volume when in DCS.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Well, all I know is that it runs in full screen for me, and the Windows volume bar doesn't pop up when adjusting the volume when in DCS.

same here with Asus Fan Control Icon , real FS works.

With the 3800x-5700xt combo is was a big difference between BFS and real FS

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

same here with Asus Fan Control Icon , real FS works.

With the 3800x-5700xt combo is was a big difference between BFS and real FS

Well, damn.. must be something else then. Pretty much tried everything to get this fixed on my end.

i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro