[NO BUG]-25 and -30 have different key binds but only one entry

Nealius

I have a mission with client slots for both -25 and -30. I usually fly the -30, but I decided to try the -25 for a change. Found that my keybinds had been totally reset to (almost) default. Some assignments from the -30 were carried over to the -25, but a lot weren't: yaw trim in a totally different spot, random toe-brake assignments, etc. The problem is that there is only one "P-51D Real" entry in the controls settings. They should be applied to both the -25 and -30...

Make a separate control config folder for the other one in Saved Games location. Might be a hamfisted solution, but it worked when clipped wing Spit was introduced, and again when -25 was introduced (with the same problems as you described).

In my install -25 and-30 related folders are called "P-51D" and "P-51D-30-NA" respectively.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team

Yes there should be a generated folder for the different types.

2047439722_p51input.PNG.c6108ee5e47ed79cf134cf2cec48fd61.PNG

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

best way for me (Windows 10):

make a logical link !

open a command shell with adminstrator rights.

goto user/<user>/savedGames/DCS/config/input

mklink /D P-51D P-51D-30-NA

or vice versa depending on which module is avalaible at the moment.

so you have only one configuration (diff.lua) for both modules

works also for SpitFire w/wo clip wings

Attention:

do it on your own risk :D

too much ...

I have a mission with client slots for both -25 and -30. I usually fly the -30, but I decided to try the -25 for a change. Found that my keybinds had been totally reset to (almost) default. Some assignments from the -30 were carried over to the -25, but a lot weren't: yaw trim in a totally different spot, random toe-brake assignments, etc. The problem is that there is only one "P-51D Real" entry in the controls settings. They should be applied to both the -25 and -30...

If you used -25 for the first time it will overlap with default keybindings but don't panic don't do anything stupid.

Just exit game and re-log again and everything will be fine. Same case as with Spit CW/non CW.

Don't mess with config files it will make it wors

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

^ Nah, it won't. Additional config folders for CW Spit and D-30 (as on BigNewy's screenshot), each with content copied straight from "normal" Spit and D-25 work allright.

These folders should be there already anyway, generated after one of recent updates. If they aren't there, create them.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

^ Nah, it won't. Additional config folders for CW Spit and D-30 (as on BigNewy's screenshot), each with content copied straight from "normal" Spit and D-25 work allright.

These folders should be there already anyway, generated after one of recent updates. If they aren't there, create them.

I fly -25 only but once i tried -30 it messed up my controls so both -25 and -30 had controls messed up after game restart everything went back to normal.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 2 weeks later...

BigNewy, follow up from Discord:

I noticed that for me, DCS doesn’t differentiate controls between the -30 and -25 model, however it does use the “P-51D” folder for multiplayer and the “P-51D-30-NA” folder for singleplayer.

I was wondering why after setting some new bindings online, they didn’t work in SP. I copied my files from the P-51D folder to the -30-NA folder and restarted DCS, and then my bindings came through in singleplayer for both the -25 and -30. The only thing not confirmed so far is if they also work for the -30 in multiplayer based on what I set in MP while in a -25.

I have not checked the Spitfire controls for a similar issues between elliptical and clipped wing variants for the same type of issue.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

• ED Team

After testing single player and Multiplayer both versions of my P-51 seem to be using the same folder P-51D folder.

Maybe something changed will try and find out

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just to follow up on this. I was able to walk a friend through the issue I described and he got the same results in terms of the P-51D folder for MP and the P-51D-30-NA folder for SP.

On another note, I saw you showed a screenshot for the Spitfire with a separate folder for the clipped wing variant. My system doesn’t have that, it’s using the same folder for both. The same friend I mentioned above’s system has both separate folders however.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

• 3 months later...
Yes there should be a generated folder for the different types.

I didn't have the CW and D-30 folders and my saved input mappings for the original ones (normal Spit and D-25 Mustang) wouldn't load. I now just laid junctions (similar to https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4169995&postcount=5 - but I keep using Mark Russinovich's junction.exe from technet, mklink /j would do the same)with those folder names to the original ones. Just did a quick test with only my rudders plugged and their axis mapping was there again for the D-25.

I haven't flown the newer variants yet, but exactly that circumstance seems to generate problems as the folders probably will be created either on first flight or first change made to the mappings there.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 6 months later...

just ran into this issue.

how can something like this get through testing?

it took us quite some time to figure out what's going on.

why are there even two different control-sets? the aircrafts are basically the same.

why is this labeled [no bug]. It's not intended behaviour, or is it?

• 11 months later...
18 hours ago, River said:

It's a bug for sure, lost all my bindings a few days ago. Restarting DCS didn't help. 

It must be a similar issue to the Spitfire. Those used to be separate as well but now everything is merged into one file. It looks like some of the bindings don’t properly transfer across the variants.