new cockpit at night is too dark - no buttons visible

ac5

Seems likely that NineLine is probably using the internal build, rather than what we are using. BigNewy addressed this in another thread, regarding the new A10C pit:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4154963&postcount=13

My view of the new pit looks nothing like that, even in the daylight, in terms of clarity. Let’s wait until the next public openbeta update is released, for a relevant comparison folks.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Good point. It was also my impression that ED devs are not only using an internal build,

but using highly professional monitors where everything shines brightly.

It‘s much different to my poor man’s (EIZO) monitor with less dynamic range.

And, yes, I don’t have just difficulties with the cockpit readability at nigt but often at daylight too - in general.

I can tweak settings of my monitor to some extend but the result then is often unsatisfactory, to say the least.

With high gamma, high contrast and brightness the textures are blown out and become blurry and garishly.

They do not look nice anymore, even developed with great effort to provide the best.

I do have an epic monitor and that alone does make everything visible. Dim? Sure but definitely readable. Have you tried cranking up gamma? Will almost certainly fix the pit but might then washout exteriors.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

I do have an epic monitor and that alone does make everything visible. Dim? Sure but definitely readable. Have you tried cranking up gamma? Will almost certainly fix the pit but might then washout exteriors.

I don't have an "epic" monitor, only a "poor man's" display (EIZO FS2333)

yes, gamma to max. = 3.5 -> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=259348

(everything becomes even worse)

Not only a few hog pilots have reported issues here, I suppose they do not own an "epic" monitor.

Or professional displays as the ED devs have been using for testing the new cockpit update.

Should we all throw our displays in the corner and buy an ultimate monitor just to enjoy the cosmetic cockpit update without issues?

Issues, which didn't exist before. Better not always becomes best.

Edited by wernst

I don't use a monitor - I use VR - same problem with the lighting. It HAS however, been addressed that we will be seeing an improvement after the team is back from holiday (as their holiday break isn't the same as many others).

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I don't use a monitor - I use VR - same problem with the lighting. It HAS however, been addressed that we will be seeing an improvement after the team is back from holiday (as their holiday break isn't the same as many others).

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Don’t get me wrong. Yes, I’m more than sure that ED will soon come up with improvements for the recent "beta" cockpit update.

My actual replies are meant for posts here like „. . .buy better hardware . . .“ or „I have no issues because I own an epic monitor“.

I’m almost sure that the actual A-10C cockpit issues are not related to poor hardware.

I was on the Batumi tarmac, cold & dark the other night in my freshly renovated A-10. Couldn't find a thing, especially the Emergency Floodlight Switch.

A relatively simple fix would be....ADD a FLASHLIGHT function like we have in the F/A-18. I'm a business analyst software developer and nowhere near the genius of the DCS guys/gals. But is this a really complex function to migrate from the F/A-18?

On the other hand, a quick work-around for you that are a tad miffed about it....bind the LAlt-L to the Emergency Flood Switch. I tried that on my keyboard and Razer Orbweaver and did not crash either the plane or the program :)

But seriously, what self-respecting A-10 pilot climbs in his/her Hog without a FLASHLIGHT?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

... A relatively simple fix would be....ADD a FLASHLIGHT function like we have in the F/A-18.

+1 :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

+1 the flashlight would be awesome!

TU NE CEDE MALIS SED CONTRA AUDENTIOR ITO

Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K6+, i5-6600K, 32 GB DDR4, Asus GTX 1070 Strix, SSD 500GB, HDD 1TB, Win 10 x64, Monitor LG Ultrawide 29UM67, Soundblaster Z+Sennheiser Game One, HOTAS Warthog, TFRP Thrustmaster, TrackIr

I was puzzled by this in my first attempt to make a cold and dark mission in the cold and dark. For me: press and hold ‘L’ dim lights come on after a few seconds and there is a distinct click as panel lights come on. Release ‘L’ after the click. Then there is plenty of light to flick the floodlight switch if needed.

Sledge

LALT + L already activates the flashlight, does it not? I'm pretty sure I've used the flashlight in the A-10C after the cockpit update.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

There is no flashlight in the A-10, you can hold down 'L' long enough for sunrise but no light is coming on by a default keystroke.

The LAlt-L key stroke from the F/A-18 is what I've bound to the Emer Flood Light...that is barely enough light but at least you can find your way to get Battery power up and running.

That routine should be migrated to every A/C in the 'fleet' over time.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the backlight of all buttons and controls is dimmed. At night, missions are virtually impossible. Reading clock readings, HSI is a challenge. I won't be changing monitor settings all the time, because that's not the point. The cockpit is beautiful, but it still requires lighting modification.

Unfortunately, the backlight of all buttons and controls is dimmed. At night, missions are virtually impossible. Reading clock readings, HSI is a challenge. I won't be changing monitor settings all the time, because that's not the point. The cockpit is beautiful, but it still requires lighting modification.

Youre right, ive been calibrating and decalibrating my monitor, HOTAS, Headphones and microwave for the last 21 days - sometimes twice a day!

:helpsmilie:

Gone for good.

Love the upgraded cockpit, but it looks too pristine. It requires a touch of wear and tear. A bit like the F18 pit.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

• 2 months later...