Temp Fix for the RWR! (Works Online)

J20Stronk

1) Go to your DCS install\Mods\aircraft\JF-17\Cockpit\Scripts\MFCD\Indicator

2) In the file 'UP_L1_HSD_SA.lua', find 'local MAX_RWR_CONTACTS = 20'. You can edit the .lua with Notepad or Notepad++

3) Change the 20 to a higher number like 200.

4) Save and play!

This workaround will allow the HSD to show more contacts as the script catches up to delete or update older RWR hits. (It won't actually show 200 RWR hits.

And no, it won't break IC or undo the patch changes where the contacts eventually get super fuzzy and unreadable along w/ the FPS drop.

This is a temp fix until Deka fixes it officially next patch(es)!

I will try this and report back. Stay stronk!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1) Go to your DCS install\Mods\aircraft\JF-17\Cockpit\Scripts\MFCD\Indicator

2) In the file 'UP_L1_HSD_SA.lua', find 'local MAX_RWR_CONTACTS = 20'. You can edit the .lua with Notepad or Notepad++

3) Change the 20 to a higher number like 200.

4) Save and play!

This workaround will allow the HSD to show more contacts as the script catches up to delete or update older RWR hits. (It won't actually show 200 RWR hits.

And no, it won't break IC or undo the patch changes where the contacts eventually get super fuzzy and unreadable along w/ the FPS drop.

This is a temp fix until Deka fixes it officially next patch(es)!

Still not working for me

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Ok,

this should work guys. Screenshot is below with markings. Blue will give you number of nails that are displayed on HSD, but the Red line of lua script should be stated "false". I've tested limited and don't have 100% confirmation about fix but when you change it to "true" then you'll get Spikes.

Best regards!

1431046748_BUGfix.thumb.jpg.b61191ade18a813d3cea7002b92d17eb.jpg

Edited by Yambo

So just changing it to 200 did nothing online. Hawk fired on me 3-4x with 0 warnings on the RWR, not even a betty warning.

I'll test changing that tag to "true" later today.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ok,

this should work guys. Screenshot is below with markings. Blue will give you number of nails that are displayed on HSD, but the Red line of lua script should be stated "false". I've tested limited and don't have 100% confirmation about fix but when you change it to "true" then you'll get Spikes.

Best regards!

nope still not working

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

I did some more test on MP, and it should work w/o problems... But i will continue with testing

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Test from a cold start on blueflag.

I get betty warnings but bo visual indicators on rwr. Sometimes no betty warning too. From a cold start online. Airstart it seems better, and the rwr works ok offline.

Edited by Harlikwin

When i saw a deka dev mention they figured it out and i needed recoding i was a bit skeptical of quick fixes.

Guys, most of the time you wont get spikes from major a/c played.

ED implemented TWS to F-18, F-16 and F-14, while these a/c are immune to jammers.

If you use type1 of jammer you will jam only bandit that is stt locking you for short period of time.

Nails on the other hand are prioritized on other way, as i said i'm still testing but on 104th and GS servers in very limited timeframe this change is working, but more testing is required in order to point out is the fix working or not.

I tried it again on BF last night. Not sure it was really working, first flight over an area I didn't get nails from the nearby patriot battery (mercifully out of range), subsequent flights I did get nails and tracking warnings. So, not 100% sure what to take away from that.

Then again in the past I have gotten tracking and even once in a while launch warnings on BF before this fix.

As for air threats my understanding is this:

If a plane has you in TWS you get no warning besides just the standard he's emitting symbology on the RWR, since you don't know he has you locked. Same for launch, but you should get nails from the missile once it goes pitbul, and this could be a very short period of time. I have seen this with aim120's shot at me, that I get "missile" (then boom), or missile missile (boom). I the missiles are launched at fairly close range. I have also been able to dodge Aim120's launched from longer ranges, by assuming they launched on me, maneuvering, and then getting the Missile and MAWS warnings for them.

Edited by Harlikwin

I definitely had contacts but as with the others, very inconsistent behaviour. I definitely got hit by an AIM-120 with no warning at all of the missile pitbull (but Betty screaming "missile missile" at me).

Are you guys using the SPJ? I didn't take it in case that caused additional issues. Does it work better or worse with it? Do you get the contacts at the right range?

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

Just got vaped by a hornet on BF. No warning at al not even a f18 symbol showed up to indicate he was in the area. No betty warning nothing, just boom.

You shouldnt get nails. If they are using tws its silent. But they should be on the rwr as a yellow threat.

On what server you guys playing?

Let's test this together. I'll stream and you guys watch so we can get to any valid conclusion...

Stream channel will be: twitch.tv/yambo84

I will be online in about 45mins 2230zulu

Edited by Yambo

On what server you guys playing?

Let's test this together. I'll stream and you guys watch so we can get to any valid conclusion...

Stream channel will be: twitch.tv/yambo84

I will be online in about 45mins 2230zulu

Blueflag. PG.