New Years Wish List for the Tomcat

Wizard_03

Whats are the things you want most from Heatblur for the F-14 in 2020?

For me its:

1. Jester LANTIRN

2. Complete working OBC/Emergency Generator checks.

3. Red HSD night Filter and visual frames for it and the VDI flilter

4. Oxygen Panel for the front seat

5. TWS Auto

6. Fixed Afterburner visuals

7. Correct Digital Engine Tapes

8. Forrestal Class

9. F-14A

10. A-6

In more or less that order, I would rather they Finnish the core F-14B Experience before moving on to goodies like the carrier, A-6, and other immersion Assets but that's me. What do you think? :)

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

As I understand it we are supposed to get a steering cue for the scan centroid, to place the nose in correct position in the front seat and The WCS automatically centers the scan on the tracks. Right now it’s easy to lose a track if you’re not on top of where jester is pointing the scan volume.

It’s just a quality of life thing, for when your cranking or changing aspect/attitude and have a bunch of tracks to manage and want to keep the radar pointed at them without having to tell jester or your RIO to manually slew the scan around.

Edited by Wizard_03

I wish the TCS FOV is selectable through jester menu. or make it narrow by default. this would help IDing enemy quite fast.

also i know that you guys are reworking the jester menu but i wish the position of jester menu would stay fixed. for example, if you change the radar to silent, the STT menu would disappear, and other jester menu would change its positions(radar elevation change from 3 to 2, azimuth change from 4 to 3, etc) this F'ed me up when i'm trying to select a menu because i already have a muscle memory and I'm not using head tracker to select head jester menu

1 more thing. When i select any ACM mode, the jester option will automatically switch to WVR. This thing got me killed many times when theres a bandit at medium range, because i was trying to change the radar elevation and distance. but because the jester option is now WVR, i have to go through the jester main menu then BVR to change the radar settings. by the time i got the correct radar settings the enemy is already killed me. And there only jettison tank option in WVR, i think it should be put in the jester main menu

Edited by ustio

1) F-14A Hi Viz Danger Zone.

2) Forrestal and Ranger (see #1)

3) F-14D (HUD, MFD, JDAM, etc)

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I wish the TCS FOV is selectable through jester menu. or make it narrow by default. this would help IDing enemy quite fast.

It would be cool to have a whole section on the wheel for TCS, for FOV selection and auto/scan/manual selection.

Also unrelated I want the ability to remove the nacelle pylons for the Eternal tanks when I’m not using them.

In would like to see someone create a Hud airspeed mod because I suffer with the actual dial indicator, but I know to some that is heresy so I’ll shut up.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

1. Jester LANTIRN

2. Complete working OBC/Emergency Generator checks.

3. Red HSD night Filter and visual frames for it and the VDI flilter

4. Oxygen Panel for the front seat

5. TWS Auto

7. Correct Digital Engine Tapes

8. Forrestal Class

9. F-14A

10. A-6

1. Completed/corrected F-14B cockpit

2. Jester LANTIRN

3. TWS Auto

4. Improved/additional over wing vapor

5. Improved/brighter exterior lights

6. Additional official squadron liveries

7. Ground power and air carts

8. F-14D and/or F-14B SparrowHawk upgrade

9. A-6 AI

10. Forrestal

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

1. F-14A + a bunch of glossy white belly Navy liveries.
  2. TWS Auto
  3. Forrestal
  4. A-6 AI

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Pilot Bodys for VR User

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Agreed, plus sound of engines increases with open canopy.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

That's something I'm hyped for too, So happy the new Missile APIs are out from ED now, and we can finally start to see some improvements on that front.

Oh that's good ! I think the new Phoenix will come together with TWS A. I hope the HB team has everything they need now !

Afterburner looks better with a slight mod of the f-14b.lua :

lines 511-531

engines_nozzles =
   {
       [1] =
       {
           pos     = {-6.67, 0.051, 1.414},
           elevation     = 0,
           diameter     = 1,
           exhaust_length_ab    = 5,
           exhaust_length_ab_K = 0.75,
           smokiness_level     = 0.05
       },
       [2] =
       {
           pos     = {-6.67, 0.051, -1.414},
           elevation     = 0,
           diameter     = 1,
           exhaust_length_ab    = 5,
           exhaust_length_ab_K = 0.75,
           smokiness_level     = 0.05
       },
   },

Diameter seems to be good at 1.0, but length may require some tweaks to match current AB flames length.

JYGViXi.jpg

I'm also using an .fx mod for the afterburner, so expect the exhaust flames to be slightly more visible with DCS vanilla effects.

While the afterburner fx mod doesn't break IC, modifying the f-14b.lua does.

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index