Mission 2: Convoy not moving from Kobuleti

First of all, thanks Baltic Dragon, for making this campaign! :thumbup:

Possible spoilers ahead, for those that didn't fly mission 2 yet

The convoy didn't start moving again after I did the show of force over the civilian truck. I did get the radio message that "it worked, the truck is moving away", but nor the civilian truck nor the convoy started moving. Waited for approximately 10 mins, flying in orbit over the area and tried following the exact waypoints, but it didn't help. I even tried killing the civilian truck with my guns, still the convoy didn't move.

Kinda frustrated, I just RTB'd then.

Bit of a bummer after a great fun 1,5 hour mission :(

Unfortunately the campaign also didn't continue, which requires me to fly mission 2 again. Although I liked the mission, doing the ~1 hour orbit flight over this convoy again (this time without surprises), would be a bit too boring for me...

So... as with all DLC campaigns I played so far, I'll have to now go over to fly the campaign as single missions :doh:

Not a sneer to you Baltic Dragon, just a little disappointed about the DCS logics that seem to fail yet again..

ED should really improve some of the AI or ME options.. Too much and too often things go wrong now. Even in paid dlc campaigns!

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thank you for the quick respond

Just an idea:

Maybe you could consider adding a radio F10 command to instantly complete a mission (perhaps only available the first minute after mission initiation). This way, if anything got broken, people still have a chance to enhance to the next mission and stay in campaign mode.

Anyways.. Keep up the good work sir! :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

You can edit your logbook.lua to manually advance a campaign if you have a game breaking bug and want to try the next mission.

Ah! I didn't know that. Thanks, I'll try to find out how to do that tomorrow (if I get the chance :smilewink:)

System specs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello. I've got the same problem with this mission: after "show of force" convoy didn't start moving.

I have a track of this mission. I can send it to you, if you want.

On the second try everything worked fine. I don't know if this is correct, but the truck didn't drive away. It was standing near the crossroad. Convoy just went near by not paying any attention.

Anyway - awesome campaign! Thank you for it!

The ground units AI is doing a lot of crazy things now in 2.5.6... let’s assume the driver got scared and ran away ;) I noticed that since last update AI ground unit told to switch waypoint sometimes will start making corcles and then stop...

Forgot to say - I am using stable version, not open-beta:).

i had same issue here today. Trying for the second time just now.. But maybe i got wrong because i shot down the truck, after the explosion the convoy didnt move... I'll try not to use deadly force :)

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta - F-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Av-8b, A-10C, Uh-1h, SA-342, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50 Modules

Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Training Map

ALIENWARE AREA-51 INTEL

Intel I9-9940X - Nvidia 2080Ti 11Gb - 32GB RAM - 4TB SSD

Oculus Rift S - FULL VIRPIL SETUP: T50CM2 throttle, T50cm2 Base and Grip, ACE2 Rudder

Yeah, that was a clear breach of ROE :) let me know how it goes on second try.

everything ok with the second try. The time to complete the mission is not correct... Briefing says about 1h10min, i took almost 2 hrs to complete :lol: I told my wife i should have been away for 1hr.. she was complained :)

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta - F-18C, F-14B, F-16C, Av-8b, A-10C, Uh-1h, SA-342, Mi-8MTV2, KA-50 Modules

Persian Gulf Map, Nevada Training Map

ALIENWARE AREA-51 INTEL

Intel I9-9940X - Nvidia 2080Ti 11Gb - 32GB RAM - 4TB SSD

Oculus Rift S - FULL VIRPIL SETUP: T50CM2 throttle, T50cm2 Base and Grip, ACE2 Rudder

Hello. So I tried to fly this mission tonight on open beta. I also experienced the convoy getting stuck on the bridge, over the 3rd river. The suspicious vehicle was near by and just sitting there. I flew past it very low and the convoy said “looks like it worked, He is leaving” something like that. But the truck stayed there and the convoy didn’t move. I fast foreword the mission for 10 minutes and nothing. So out of frustration, I blew the truck up with a GBU, still nothing. Then I cannon strafed my own convoy. I was impressed I took the whole convoy out in one pass lmao. Not sure if I want to attempt this again with all the time invested to that point.

Well I am sorry to hear that. This one is completely out of my hands, we will need for ED to fix this.. the only thing I can do is to try and make the convoy shorter, perhaps that will increase its odds of performing this super difficult task of crossing the bridge...

My advice at this stage would be to play on Stable until the AI pathfinding issues are solved. I will also add F10 option to the mission which will allow you to pass it and continue with the campaign if you encounter a bug like this as a temporary mesure. Apologies for the trouble.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 4 months later...

Same here! Only weird thing I can think I did was that my first pass was probably not low enough and I didn't drop any flares. On my 2nd pass I got the voice over saying it worked but truck stayed at the same place and the convoy didn't move. Something to do with timing maybe?

EDIT: This is on today's beta

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Thanks I will check. Used to work on the previous one..

Thanks! Just another data point: I just tried the mission again and they got stuck again, but this time in the previous event, the one about the red brick building north of the smoking chimney. One thing I noticed is that they were all slightly off the road, the front vehicle was very very close to the military vehicle stationed there, and the trailing vehicle was turning the wheels like trying to get around but not actually moving.

These path finding bugs have to be one of the most annoying in the current beta. But the current stable is pretty much unplayable because wingmen run into each other when taxiing. I really hope ED fixes this stuff soon.

The campaign looks amazing so far!

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Convoy stuck after "flaring" over truck in mission 3.

I heard the message saying it worked, but convoy didn't move.

I don't know if this can be the problem: I realized later that I used chaff and not flares.

I repeated the mission using flares, and it worked and I could finish It.