A-10C BFT

Hello all,

I am building a PC to begin using DCS for the first time and am taking advantage of the holiday sale going on at the moment. In the A-10 Basic Flight Training Campaign it says "The DCS: A-10C Warthog module is required to be installed and activated into the DCS World 1.5 for the campaign."

I'm assuming this will work fine on 2.5 OB, correct?

Yes all campaigns are now designed for 2.5 DCS - Enjoy its a great aircraft!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Man.. ive only bought the Warthog and Harrier. But i regularly fly the Mustang and the Frogfoot.

Nothing compares to the Warthog for me. I love hunting copters in the Harrier. I regularly take the mustang on high flights in the morning. And i do love the frogfoot.

But the Warty. Its spoiled me. I compare all three other and everyone elses i see to the Thunderbolt.

be sure to watch your tutorials.. and im going to apologize up front for the air to air refueling.

Yes all campaigns are now designed for 2.5 DCS - Enjoy its a great aircraft!

I'm a former crew chief on this airframe and can't believe the awesome level of detail in the new update! And thats before even being able to experience it myself.

Would you say this BFT campaign is a good starting point beyond the training built into DCS for the A-10? I know the airframe is very easy and forgiving but I've heard the weapons system utilization can be a beast for anyone, let alone a greenhorn to DCS

I'm a former crew chief on this airframe and can't believe the awesome level of detail in the new update! And thats before even being able to experience it myself.

Would you say this BFT campaign is a good starting point beyond the training built into DCS for the A-10? I know the airframe is very easy and forgiving but I've heard the weapons system utilization can be a beast for anyone, let alone a greenhorn to DCS

I like the A-10A in DCS. It's the first plane I flew in DCS, 3 years ago. I find its systems much easier to operate than the A-10C. It is a simplified module compared to the A-10C. And it lacks a "clickable" cockpit. So what functions there are, have to be utilized via keyboard or programmed to joystick/throttle buttons. I wish they would make it a clickable cockpit and add some of the systems to it without making it so complex as the A-10C. I'd buy the A-10A again if they would do that.

In my opinion...in a nutshell, the A-10A is more of a "gun, rockets & dumb-bomb" aircraft you navigate in the daytime by pilotage. The A-10C is more of an all-weather, "smart-bombs & missiles" aircraft with INS/GPS, waypoints and infrared sensors.

I like the A-10A in DCS. It's the first plane I flew in DCS, 3 years ago. I find its systems much easier to operate than the A-10C. It is a simplified module compared to the A-10C. And it lacks a "clickable" cockpit. So what functions there are, have to be utilized via keyboard or programmed to joystick/throttle buttons. I wish they would make it a clickable cockpit and add some of the systems to it without making it so complex as the A-10C. I'd buy the A-10A again if they would do that.

In my opinion...in a nutshell, the A-10A is more of a "gun, rockets & dumb-bomb" aircraft you navigate in the daytime by pilotage. The A-10C is more of an all-weather, "smart-bombs & missiles" aircraft with INS/GPS, waypoints and infrared sensors.

Appreciate the perspective. I'm still wondering...is the "basic flight traning" module (and follow on modules) for the A-10C a good place to get comprehensive training in the aircraft? I know it'll take a while but I'd like to eventually learn to fully utilize the A-10C in online coop. and individual campaigns

I love the BFT, AFT, and MQT training campaigns. They are really good. I highly recommend them after you’ve gotten the basics down. They will make you a better pilot. And give you good training on the systems of the AC. Sabre did a great job on them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love the BFT, AFT, and MQT training campaigns. They are really good. I highly recommend them after you’ve gotten the basics down. They will make you a better pilot. And give you good training on the systems of the AC. Sabre did a great job on them.

FastNeatAverage

Recommend the default training sessions first, then the more complex add-ons will build on those skills.

Thanks!