Trackir not working

Hi, my trackir stopped working a while ago but now I started flying again so I wanted to fix it but I was wondering if someone has got a similar problem with the device.

When the trackir is plugged in it nothing happends, it does not show up in the device manager and the leds are off.

But the back of the device gets warm as normal.

The last time my pc recognized it my antivirus warned me and after I clicked ok the device turned off and never worked since.

I contacted support but it they could not fix it remotely and it was outside of the warrenty and was to expansive to get fixed.

Has someone here had a simular problem? Or has a tip where to start?

I reinstalled my pc and tried it at several pc's but without any luck, it feels like there is software removed from the device but I don't know if thats even possible.

Did you install the TrackIR software to install it?? IF so did it recognise it there. also is the device listed in the device and printers or device manager now?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Did you install the TrackIR software to install it?? IF so did it recognise it there. also is the device listed in the device and printers or device manager now?

I installed the trackir software and the USB driver that comes with it if that is what you mean?

After doing that it wont show up in the device manager or devices and printers.

Sometimes, I have to right click and select "run as administrator" to make TRACKIR work, even though I have "run as administrator" set in the short cut properties.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Try uninstall software, restart computer, then reinstall software to see if it show'es up. If it's still not showing up, open command prompt admin type, ( sfc/ scannow ) to check for errors. There may be sys error affecting TIR or usb connection.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Try uninstall software, restart computer, then reinstall software to see if it show'es up. If it's still not showing up, open command prompt admin type, ( sfc/ scannow ) to check for errors. There may be sys error affecting TIR or usb connection.

Both the reinstall and the sfc scannow did not work:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I had problem with mine before. But the problem goes away after I unplugged it from the USB hub and connect it direct to PC's USB port.

OS:Win10 64bit*/MB: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING / HD:SSD

CPU Type: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3700Mhz / Ram:32Gb DDR4

Mon: Dell AW3418DW LCD + 3 x CUBESIM displays.

Hotas : TM Warthog #4347 | #80897 | TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick / TM Pendular Rudder / Cougar MFDs / Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC / Elgato Stream Decks / Virpil T50-CM2 Base and Grip / Winwing Super Taurus | PCR | PTO / Monstechtech Desk Mounts 

Both the reinstall and the sfc scannow did not work:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Smells like it's dead. Last thing to try is on another computer. If it doesn't work there :cry:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I had one do that a long time ago, it was sadly dead. Best test is to try on a different PC/laptop to confirm.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP