HUD: AG TLL Line Points incorrectly

Deano87

Hey all.

Apologies if this is already a well reported bug that is on the way to being fixed but I did a search here and it didn't find anything.

The issue i've found is that the Air to Ground TLL (Target Locator Line) points at the "target out of HUD" box rather than the location of the target itself. The TLL should point from the gun cross directly towards the target, to give you the fastest possible way to putting your nose on target. As you can see in the screenshots below it instead tracks the target box as that floats around the edge of the HUD, this is incorrect behaviour and makes the TLL useless.

In the images below the red line shows where the TLL points currently, the blue line shows where it should point. Notice how the error becomes much bigger as soon as you bank the aircraft.

I've attached a track for what its worth but it always shows this incorrect behaviour so is easy to replicate otherwise.

TRACK

attachment.php?attachmentid=223530&stc=1&d=1576978254

attachment.php?attachmentid=223531&stc=1&d=1576978254

attachment.php?attachmentid=223532&stc=1&d=1576978254

TLLIssue1.thumb.jpg.310294de23c8a09f94e7cc563096fb0a.jpg

TLLIssue2.thumb.jpg.2277374909b1834bef594d41417325a8.jpg

TLLIssue3.thumb.jpg.2cb001138a3812a1879d3788d6087e51.jpg

F-16 TargetLineIssue.trk

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Looking again the clamped edge of HUD symbol is drawn according to a line from some invisible HUD center which I think is correct logic. The TTL being from the GC toward the object should almost never be the same line. It appears that the current TTL is drawn pointed toward the clamped symbol which doesn't agree with the true line to object.

The clamped symbol and TTL are really the same logical construction. The difference that you're pointing out is that they use different origins (HUD center and GC) and so the have to be calculated independently. Drawing the TTL pointing at the clamped symbol is an oversimplification that doesn't produce the correct results.

It's a long wording to indicate agreement; well spotted.

Edited by Frederf

.It's a long wording to indicate agreement; well spotted.

Thanks Frederf, glad to know it’s not just me that thinks it’s weird hehe.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 2 weeks later...

HUD: AA TLL Line Points incorrectly

Hey All.

I made a bug report a couple of weeks ago about the Air to Ground TLL (Target Location Line) pointing incorrectly. This line should come from the gun cross a point directly at your current AG target. This thread can be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=258761

I hadn't yet checked the Air to Air TLL Line so I didn't comment on that. But somewhat predictably it looks like the AA TLL Line also works incorrectly in the exact same way.

As before in the screen shots the blue line denotes where it should point and the red line shows where it's actually pointing.

Track attached, Latest Beta.

attachment.php?attachmentid=224548&stc=1&d=1578398708

attachment.php?attachmentid=224549&stc=1&d=1578398708

attachment.php?attachmentid=224550&stc=1&d=1578398708

attachment.php?attachmentid=224551&stc=1&d=1578398717

F-16AATLLBug1.thumb.jpg.3453f3e14e49f13f88ef75009c5e410f.jpg

F-16AATLLBug2.thumb.jpg.6cfeef7e82d34d636b1f0837d0a6742c.jpg

F-16AATLLBug3.thumb.jpg.0eaa91af52bee921b98a28201d4935d9.jpg

F-16AATLLBug4.thumb.jpg.f7320cdc3b3bcf5c52cd27a408cd7b33.jpg

F-16 AATargetLineIssue.trk

Proud owner of:

Good catch, looks like the TLL is pointing to the point on the ground directly below the target.

Good guess, but not quite. If you take a look at the AG TLL thread I created you can see it points at a box for the target that is clamped to the edge of the HUD. The location of this box is drawn from the centre of the HUD. In AA mode it’s doing the same although there is no “target out of HUD” box like there is in AG mode. Dunno if that made sense. It’s difficult to describe lol

Proud owner of:

• 2 years later...

It appears that this bug has popped up again for me. Anybody else seeing it?

Edit - Will investigate this more and confirm it later this evening 

Edited by Deano87
  • Like 1

Proud owner of:

• BIGNEWY changed the title to HUD: AG TLL Line Points incorrectly
  • ED Team

Not seeing any issue, this was fixed a long time ago. Please include a track replay showing the problem. 

thanks

Screen_220125_093813.png

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2