[FIXED] HUD: A picture is worth a thousand words?

randomTOTEN

• 9 months later...
On 12/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, Emmy said:

So are we saying that TrackIR users are just SOL ?

I thought we were flying ... and the HUD is kinda important ... This is a problem from 10 years ago ... lets fix the HUD in the A10 for each and every body. Charts and Graphs bears oh my ! Solutions ?

Here is something I used in an older version of DCS...Honestly this is one reason I went off to Racing Sims for 2 years ! and realized the same digital influence was at work there too.  Too much "Discord"

Under A10C/ . . . indicators I think

Change HUD_init.lua change color ... at the bottom I like darker 

"font_HUD",
}

day_color    = {0, 255/255, 0, 255/255}
night_color  = {243/255, 116/255, 13/255, 255/255}

Change the values in  K=54 instead of 73, in the HUD definitions.lua

Change the font size as in the FONTS.lua  HUD_ysize = 72.0 * 2

old was--73.143 * 2

OR ...
Then I modified the .../Mods/aircraft/A-10C/Cockpit/Scripts/HUD/device/HUD_param.lua file to change the value (Line 6) TFOV = 170 to 150. I did this from a copy/paste into my mods folder for OvGME so it doesn't have to be done manually after every update, but do what floats your boat.
My HUD is back to old cockpit visibility and is working just fine. With my old eyes, I also much prefer the old head position for reading the MFD's. As always, you may need to adjust a little differently due to your setup and personal preferences, and YMMV ? as to effectiveness, you may have to play with TFOV a bit. But it worked very well for me. Tested both with and without TrackIR with no issues.I reset my default head position to the old one. (rt CTL + rt SHIFT using numpad / and * to get the position I liked, rt CTRL + numpad 0 to save as default)
Then I modified the .../Mods/aircraft/A-10C/Cockpit/Scripts/HUD/device/HUD_param.lua file to change the value (Line 6) TFOV = 170 to 150. I did this from a copy/paste into my mods folder for OvGME ? so it doesn't have to be done manually after every update, but do what floats your boat.
My HUD is back to old cockpit visibility and is working just fine. With my old eyes, I also much prefer the old head position for reading the MFD's. As always, you may need to adjust a little differently due to your setup and personal preferences, and YMMV as to effectiveness, you may have to play with TFOV a bit. But it worked very well for me. Tested both with and without TrackIR with no issues.

Edited by marcwoolery

32 minutes ago, marcwoolery said:

I thought we were flying ... and the HUD is kinda important ... This is a problem from 10 years ago ... lets fix the HUD in the A10 for each and every body. Charts and Graphs bears oh my ! Solutions ?

Heere is 1 idea...

Then I modified the .../Mods/aircraft/A-10C/Cockpit/Scripts/HUD/device/HUD_param.lua file to change the value (Line 6) TFOV = 170 to 150. I did this from a copy/paste into my mods folder for OvGME so it doesn't have to be done manually after every update, but do what floats your boat.
My HUD is back to old cockpit visibility and is working just fine. With my old eyes, I also much prefer the old head position for reading the MFD's. As always, you may need to adjust a little differently due to your setup and personal preferences, and YMMV ? as to effectiveness, you may have to play with TFOV a bit. But it worked very well for me. Tested both with and without TrackIR with no issues.I reset my default head position to the old one. (rt CTL + rt SHIFT using numpad / and * to get the position I liked, rt CTRL + numpad 0 to save as default)
Then I modified the .../Mods/aircraft/A-10C/Cockpit/Scripts/HUD/device/HUD_param.lua file to change the value (Line 6) TFOV = 170 to 150. I did this from a copy/paste into my mods folder for OvGME ? so it doesn't have to be done manually after every update, but do what floats your boat.
My HUD is back to old cockpit visibility and is working just fine. With my old eyes, I also much prefer the old head position for reading the MFD's. As always, you may need to adjust a little differently due to your setup and personal preferences, and YMMV as to effectiveness, you may have to play with TFOV a bit. But it worked very well for me. Tested both with and without TrackIR with no issues.

.......I did this from a copy/paste into my mods folder for OvGME so it doesn't have to be done manually after every update, but do what floats your boat.

What structure did you use to do this?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,