Building heavy multiplayer missions

carss

This maybe a little underhanded. But there used to be a way to save your track fileconvert it to a miz file and you have what you saw in the mission at least iirc. Then you could see how the did it want they call each unit/group/trigger zone then go into the triggers and see how they did them and if you make notes/remarks on a printed copy of the mission.miz file with in the mission name.miz renamedto missionname.zip then open the zip it gives you everything so you can print it out.

I’m not saying this to steal their hard work but as a way to learn so you can create your own missions

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Most servers running proprietary scripting will call the files directly from the hard disk to prevent this kind of behavior.

My best advice is to try to walk before you run. Ask specific questions and get specific answers, but "how do I everything" is just too broad when your endgame is a complex multiplayer environment.

Make a simple scramble mission. Make a simple mission where the AI bomb a runway. Make a simple mission where a convoy starts and stops. Figured all that out? Add another layer so now the AI attacks based on someone entering an area. Figured that out? Add a message when certain assets reach a certain area. Figured that out? Add a status report option with the F10 menu.

Keep on learning and building one element at a time, most folks will quickly get information and task-saturated trying to start with a complex idea. Most importantly be willing to get in there and experiment yourself.

While not a tutorial, if you want to take a stab at some reverse engineering, here is our latest mission Operation Desert Thunder for the PG map.

As missions go its very simple, it only uses 2 scripts. 1 to stop clients spawning in aircraft slots they are not allowed in (SSB script) and the other is the amazing CTLD script by Ciribob for Helicopter operations etc.

Good luck

7_Op_Desert_Thunder_V5.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;4147822']While not a tutorial' date=' if you want to take a stab at some reverse engineering, here is our latest mission [b']Operation Desert Thunder[/b] for the PG map.

As missions go its very simple, it only uses 2 scripts. 1 to stop clients spawning in aircraft slots they are not allowed in (SSB script) and the other is the amazing CTLD script by Ciribob for Helicopter operations etc.

Good luck

That is amazing! Thank you very much! As for scripts I wanted to learn things like "if an AWACS or Tanker gets shot down, a replacement aircraft will replace it" or "if a base a captured, a transport aircraft like a C-17 or IL-76 is sent to add ground units"

I wanted to be able to use this to also make use of the new AI assets in the simulator to make the mission somewhat realistic or local. But thanks for the mission, I'll try it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

• 2 months later...

The architecture of a large scale, or long-running mission matters a lot as well.

What won't work is to just load the map up with the entire Opposing army. It will perform terribly.

There are ways to deal with this at larger scale that involve some technique of compartmentalizing what is alive at any one time on the map. Usually in mini or subordinate missions in some kind of structure.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/