[REPORTED EARLIER] AIM-120 has no midcourse guidance in TWS

opps

OK I made more obvious track.

In STT, AMRAAM recieves midcourse guidance correctly and take appropriate lead to intercept. No abrupt turn till impact.

In TWS, AMRAAM simply heads to fixed point until its goes active and after that turns suddenly to intercept.

Is this really APN thing and intended behavior? Simply TWS lunched AMRAAM looks having no guidance until pitball for me.

F-18_STT_AIM120C.trk

F-18_TWS_AIM120C.trk

Edited by opps

• ED Team

Hi

the team will be making changes in the first quarter of 2020 for mid course guidance

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=258817

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

According to Wag's video on LTWS, it cannot guide a missile
His video is out of date/wrong. They only added the ability to guide with LTWS at the same time as TWS, presumably because they only now added the code to guide the AMRAAM onto a non-STT trackfile.

His video is out of date/wrong. They only added the ability to guide with LTWS at the same time as TWS, presumably because they only now added the code to guide the AMRAAM onto a non-STT trackfile.

I'm not willing to downgrade my DCS version but LTWS did guide missiles before TWS was introduced.

I tried it out after making this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255972 and I was incorrect when I said the missiles where going pitbull. I put my nose 50 degs of the target and fired and the missile went to the target.

Anyways, hopefully someone from ED can comment on whether LTWS produces a good enough track file to support a weapon launch.

I'm not willing to downgrade my DCS version but LTWS did guide missiles before TWS was introduced.

It did indeed, I used it all the time, it wasn't however 'supposed' to work, but it did for a long time.

If it doesn't work any more now that TWS has been implemented it looks like they have corrected it so LTWS cannot guide a shot which is how it should be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

LTWS could even guide an AIM-7 before (launch, exit PDI, redesignate target as L&S and the missile would track until impact). I didn't check the new change as I'm not home ATM, but if that's fixed, I'm happy.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 3 months later...