A-10C new cockpit

mobbe1234

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, you can easily install the OpenBeta in parallel to the stable version. Just be aware that, as an open beta, it will have more problems, crashes, bugs and other non-working items than the stable version. That's just the nature of it.

For instance, several issues about the new cockpit were identified in the OpenBeta that were acknowledged by ED and will hopefully be resolved soon.

If you're fine with all that, just go ahead and download and install the OpenBeta from the digitalcombatsimulator.com site.

If you have questions about that, just ask.

They made it with a 3D mesh. It’s finally great for VR (aside from the lighting issues which have been acknowledged), and apparently flat screeners are now not happy with it. A position swap, as it was always a compromise for VR users prior to the update.

The link is helpful, because it explains that the openBeta has the updated cockpit, and when update is run - voila, you have your new pit. How isn’t that helpful?

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

[...] and apparently flat screeners are now not happy with it.

Not trying to open a big discussion about it, but after flying the new pit for a bit, I really prefer it over the old one - and I'm purely on 2D.

Sure, there's some stuff to tweak, and some things I preferred in the old pit, but even in 2D I think the new pit is a big step forward. :thumbup:

On a completely unrelated note: Isn't the new pit also available in the latest Stable version as well? I'm still on a slightly outdated stable, but according to the changelog, the new A-10C pit was released into the stable version on 2019-12-23.

Which kinda renders my point moot about the OpenBeta being more buggy, seeing as the exact same OpenBeta version with all the noted issues was pushed to Stable some 4 days later... :music_whistling:

Anyway. Those who wonder how to get the new pit, have you actually updated DCS anytime in the last 3 weeks? If so, you should have the new pit already.

Not trying to open a big discussion about it, but after flying the new pit for a bit, I really prefer it over the old one - and I'm purely on 2D.

Yeah, me too - it is much better and I don't have issues with the HUD either. I can see the most important stuff easily and just lean in a bit if I want to see all.

It probably will see some more tweaking, too, so I am pretty chill about that.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I hope they fixed the fire pull handles in this recent update, it drives my OCD off the charts.. :doh:

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Would love to see some WIP preview pics of the cockpit for V2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Would love to see some WIP preview pics of the cockpit for V2.

I'm trying the opposite approach this time around. I'm not going to search/look at anything related V2. I want my first experience to be completely new when it's released and not know anything about it. Kind of like Christmas when i was a kid. I've spent so much time looking up dev updates on other products that when I finally try it, I feel like I already played the thing and end up not enjoying it as much.

Edited by Dakota

I like the new A-10C cockpit. Its not as cartoony as it has been for such a long time, and the placards are all much higher resolution now. Its got a few things that need work, but I expect that with a constantly-evolving/improving flight sim. One error that has made it into the new cockpit is that we're still rotating the knob on the standby AI to cage it, instead of pulling it like it is in the real world. Small detail, I know...but it drives me nuts. LOL

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Guys, you can easily install the OpenBeta in parallel to the stable version. Just be aware that, as an open beta, it will have more problems, crashes, bugs and other non-working items than the stable version. That's just the nature of it.

For instance, several issues about the new cockpit were identified in the OpenBeta that were acknowledged by ED and will hopefully be resolved soon.

If you're fine with all that, just go ahead and download and install the OpenBeta from the digitalcombatsimulator.com site.

If you have questions about that, just ask.

even better you can switch back and forth using CMD

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

that way you keep the same settings and files

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

Oh man, I’m happy they fixed the fire pull handles. Now they read the correct side. Yaaay! Now please implement a flashlight! Thanks for the work ED

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Nineline/BIGNEWY - any chance that there will be an option to hide the ejection handles on the sides the same way as with the stick?

I'd love to see this happen too. Maybe it's a "feature" to get you to go with TrackIR or VR? If I wasn't used to what's behind them, I'd sure have trouble using the right side stuff, especially the ILS receiver. :book: