New Cockpit Perspective

Rewis.C

Brilliant in VR love the new pit - it use to be a terrible position in VR its now spot on! Great work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Brilliant in VR love the new pit - it use to be a terrible position in VR its now spot on! Great work.

Agree 100%. Now just to brighten up the lighting of instruments and consoles (as they have stated they already are addressing), along with making the flood lights actually function (hardly do at this moment). But love where they are going with it, bravo!

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

You can always adjust.

How? They are adjusted to the max. The emergency flood light switch is the same as adjusting the flood light rotary dial to maximum There is no further adjustment.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I'm flying 2d (TrackIR TrackClipPro) and these my results;

** Ejection Seat right pull handle blocks view of left-most keys on CDU and first column of numeric keys without leaning heavily.

** Ejection Seat left pull handle blocks view of all the right-most throttle panel controls including APU, Eng Oper & Fuel Flows.

**HUD view totally out of whack; can't see top of screen

**Seat position requires a lot of up/down to compensate and still too far away from front panels.

**get a very narrow 'tunnel vision' experience of cockpit looking forward.

**tried to adjust Snapviews and still need more work.

Can't figure out how to adjust my default position; appreciate some help on that.

Whereas it appears that VR flyers appreciate the new cockpit AND I do appreciate all the effort by DCS to give us this new texture, I wish we cold have the option to retain the old one. I kinda like the 'worn in' effect.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Yeah, it seems broken to me, can't see the target/steerpoint info, can't see the GUNS pipper when diving down, it gets to the top so much (or I did some unusual dives?)

NATURAL HEAD MOVEMENT MODE HELPS - It's not activated by default, AFAIK.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Hmmm.....I can't see what the complaints are about. Not having trouble with the seat placement, gun pippers, narrow HUD..or anything. And that screenshot is the A-10A. Did that get an update, too?

I am a DCS Warthog driver and I approve of this update.

Ah, I see. He was showing an example from the old FC2 game. HUD looks right to me. The CDU readouts are blocked by the seat handles, but that just involves leaning over to see. Someone may have realized that that's the way it is on the real one. And ajmilzy, I don't see any problem with the few snapping back. I was zooming back and forth to test that, and it stayed right where I wanted it.

Im very happy for the new cockpit. The graphics are very good now and I like the seat position/the default view in the cockpit. Previous default view was too close the instrument panel so Im glad they have changed it. I use the slider for zooming. The only thing I miss now is a louder click sound on the switches like in the F-14 and a updated external view pilot. I've always liked A-10C so thumps up for this update:)

-royphsle

F-16C:thumbup:

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I agree, the new cockpit is great, no issues with the perspective.

BUT.... it is WAY TOO DARK lit at dusk / nighttime.

It was not so with the old cockpit.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals