JF17 borked online

Harlikwin

Hmm, where are these people getting the information that JF-17 got nerfed or Deka corrected the performance of the SD-10 with the new patch that fixed AIM-120? I do not see anything like that in the Patch notes.

If anything like that did happen, where did Deka provide the changelog?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

SD10 has not been nerffed or buffed these days, AIM120 may have tweaked a bit.

U can compare 2 missile's performance in TACVIEW(in fact its very easy), but plz make no complaints for either missile .

Personally I would say the tweak on Aim120 may not be completed, but its up to ED, no further infos here.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

Don't worry, I am done defending the JF-17. I just didnt want this forum to become crowded by all the people coming in here demanding the missile to be brought down to the old AIM-120 standards for fairness.

It is clear that recent ED actions about fixing the AIM-120 were direct reaction to all the content creators suddenly saying how AIM-120 was underperforming when compared with SD-10. Before this, they were frozen on saying that the AIM-120 will only be fixed when the new missile API is finished.

It is not my place to give out name or point fingers but I am glad that people are starting to accept that JF-17 is not something overpowered.

I was just really happy with how much detail was present in this jet and the air to air missiles actually hit the targets and not just do close fly-bys like the old AIM-120. At least those jets have the luxury of carrying up to 10 missiles while this one only gets 4. (not counting heat seekers).

Currently, in multiplayer the SD-10 missiles seem to fly past the enemy jets if they even do a little nudge before impact. I have compared the TACVIEW recordings from previous engagements. The missile behaviour is quite dumb now compared with before. The missile does not seem to lead much now. Not sure if bug or done on purpose.

Regarding the range, I really don't care since in pvp everyone will always have to dodge through SPAMRAAM so nothing was different before that changed now in that department.

At this point if the JF-17 has been fixed/nerfed/balanced or whatever they call it, I am going to go back to flying the F-14 and F/A-18 for air engagements since why fly a jet which is constantly bouncing up and down with each patch.

I already have too many nato jets now so it was a nice change of pace to try something different. Still fun to do ground attacks. I hope they dont fix/balance/nerf that as well.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

DataLink is still WIP and might be taken care of after the RWR issue is solved.

Thanks

Any word on the RWR fix?

I'm a bit baffled since it used to work and "something" broke in the last 2 hotfixes.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It sucks but I don't think we will be getting another update until next year. Since everyone will most likely be taking a holiday break.

Yeah, likely 2nd or third week of January due to holidays in Russia being later than the rest of the world. Oh well, I'm still having fun with it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Good news :)

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A