DCS AJS-37: Road to Release

Cobra847

.... and i would like to encourage you to add an english cockpit. I use the modded version, but if an english pit became part of the official package without the fear of it breaking and maybe never to be fixed, that would put my mind at ease.

An English cockpit has been available as an option in the settings page for some time now. I have been using it for ages.

You must be using Devrims english cockpit mod and forgot about installing it then. I have this mod as well and have disabled it bia OvGME and i don't see any option to switch to an english cockpit in the settings/special tab for the Viggen. Besides, i never seen that being added in one of the patch notes.

Edited by sc_neo

You must be using Devrims english cockpit mod and forgot about installing it then. I have this mod as well and have disabled it bia OvGME and i don't see any option to switch to an english cockpit in the settings/special tab for the Viggen. Besides, i never seen that being added in one of the patch notes.

If that is true I do beg your pardon. I've been perfectly happy with the mod, in that case.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the RC2 patch still planned for Q1 or when can we expect the finishing touches?

HB said they don't give time estimates anymore due to misjudgements in the past. My personal guess is Q4 this year given the amount of outstanding issues and the pace they've been doing things.

Would love if they release it sooner but gotta stay realistic.

Edit: I'm referring to the final release date, not necessarily the RC2.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
An English cockpit has been available as an option in the settings page for some time now. I have been using it for ages.

I've never seen that. I've seen a mod (which I haven't been able to get working) , but nothing from heatblur

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HB on holiday?

If you ask me HB is on holiday, ...

OR:

The guys are sitting in front of their screens making the Viggen come out of EA next week.

My perception is that there is not much happening on the Viggen in the forum.

Is there anything interesting happening ... tell me?!?!

• Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

After looking to the update log regarding the Viggen I come to the conclusion that HB was/is on holiday.

Following this, when will the big step "out of early access" be done? Is it still work in progress in the background?

Just asking, ...

• Thanks 1

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Why not a Roll-Back to the good old times when You could fly Viggen as it was designed for like RB15 Night Missions or RB05 Day Missions.....

Unfortunately I can't use RB05, since the flare disappears rapidly, long before impact. One bug after the other is making a Viggen's pilot life hard at the moment. I recently noticed me starting to abandon this module. Can you imagine THAT?

my computer:

Hi...When You abandon Viggen we are close to Ragnarrök

I have left Fixed wings and nowadays spending my time in the lovable KA-50 waitng for positive news

I have sent so many posts about the degrading of Viggen and the only outcome from these heve been called a TROLL from Mr unnamed

• Thanks 1

I even started to think about switching back to 1.5.8, which I still have on my HDD, just to see which version I like more ... you know ... by doing a 1:1 comparison. For the Viggen Caucasus is the one and only "suitable" place to fly IMHO (winter, hills, snow, trees, fields, lakes), this is really nice.

If I would miss functions I meanwhile got used to?

Interestingly I also started to dig into the UH-1H, while flying over Syria.

HB, where are you????? :cry:

my computer:

• 2 weeks later...
After looking to the update log regarding the Viggen I come to the conclusion that HB was/is on holiday.

Following this, when will the big step "out of early access" be done? Is it still work in progress in the background?

Just asking, ...

No answer is an answer.

Hopefully the work they are doing in background is visible some day in the near future, can't wait for.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:

• 1 month later...

So where are we with the Viggen relase? Exterior sounds, new textures... ?

Any plans to investigate the FM/Drag?

Might be wrong here, but it seems like the Viggen has a bunch of drag-related issues to be sorted out. Quite "dense" to fly According to at least one IRL Viggen pilot the DCS version needs afterburner flying with bombs, something that was not needed IRL. Flying without stores - going out AF is like stepping on a brake.

• 2 weeks later...