Su-33 Sea Dragon Campaign: Mission 5

A few weeks ago, someone in the DCS Forum was having difficulty completing this mission. In it, you and your wingman are required to defeat two flights of two F-16s each. I finally had a chance to fly it and thought I'd create a video with voiceover. Not an in-depth tutorial as such but newbies, especially, might encounter some useful information.

Because the first flight's track file didn't play back correctly--which surprised me because my FC3 tracks usually play back accurately--I had to fly this mission 4 times in order to capture the video footage I wanted. In the first attempt, the mission was successful and my wingman returned with me. In the second and third attempts, we achieved mission success but at the expense of my wingman while engaging the second group. The fourth time, I lost my wingman during the first engagement and foolishly pressed on to engage the second group. I should have had a better plan because I went swimming and one F-16 survived for a mission failure. This is more or less what happened during those second and third attempts with commentary.

Edited by Ironhand
Video link edited to accommodate new forum software

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.