OH-58D Announcement

Polychop Simulations

On 8/28/2021 at 10:23 AM, QuiGon said:

No one knows :dunno:

Even ED doesn't seem to know, because neither Kiowa nor Strike Eagle have been submitted to ED for quality evaluation/approval yet. 

Actually they currently don't have anything submitted to look over, evertyhing is either already released and in our hands, or is still deep in development.

Edited by Rick50

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Mower said:

Good question.

Which will reamain at the 'asked' status for now.

Intel Core i7-10700K - ROG Strix Z490-H Gaming - 64GB Vengance LPX - RTX 3080 Eagle OC - non-VR - single player - open beta

9 hours ago, LoneS said:

What's with the holdup? We're seeing the Apache being finalized so where are we with the Kiowa?

Development is on track again. Regular updates will resume at some point. They were hoping to share some news in the upcoming weeks.

(Per their Discord)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 10/8/2021 at 2:28 AM, ArjenHVA said:

Development is on track again. Regular updates will resume at some point. They were hoping to share some news in the upcoming weeks.

(Per their Discord)

Love the information.  What is the basis of this?  I don't follow Facebook or twitter.

Thanks,

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

9 minutes ago, AKA_Clutter said:

Love the information.  What is the basis of this?  I don't follow Facebook or twitter.

Thanks,

He literally wrote the source of it in the last line of the post...

Duh.  I have no excuse.

@razo+rthanks

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

1 hour ago, Robi Hobby said:

I miss  " OH-58D Kiowa Warrior Screenshot of the Week "  so much. :bye_3:A few more Pictures would lighten the mood.

I'd say join their Discord, highest chance to catch those. Latest one is on Marianas. 

Random_Screen_23072021.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 4:20 AM, LoneS said:

Let's just hope it's not as aerobatic as the Gazelle! That one really disappointed.

Completely different rotor head technology. This will (should) fly closer to what people ‘expect’ when they fly helo’s. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 4:51 AM, RenegadeSkip said:

Completely different rotor head technology. This will (should) fly closer to what people ‘expect’ when they fly helo’s. 

The Gazelle is not really aerobatic. What I meant by that was the developers made it like that so the Kiowa can be as different as it can be it's the developers who can make things go sideways or very good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have read reports and watched some videos (what I am saying is I am not an expert) saying that the Gazelle's flight dynamics aren't that far off from the real deal. I enjoy flying it now once I practiced a lot. It is a very light chopper and wonder what a MD500 would fly like compared to the Gazelle. Anyway, just my two cents, not necessarily disagreeing with anyone.