Air brake

Mr. Big.Biggs

Is there a way to map full in/full out for the air brake on the F18 hotas or is it hold to move and release to stop movement?

I can only seem to command it to move in or out but it stops when I release switch without fully deploying or retracting

Thanks

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Not sure on your stick/throttle. On my TM Warthog throttle there is a slide switch w/ 3 positions. Forward it will stay there. Middle it will stay there. Back you need to hold it there or it will go back to middle. Holding it back will raise the brake as long as you hold it and it will stop and stay in whatever position it is in when you let go. Forward will retract the brake and of course there is no need to hold it forward.

I have noticed that deploying the FA-18 air brake in certain conditions will add a nose up attitude change.

Hardly surprising given its location...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hardly surprising given its location...

Exactly my thought. I use that characteristic because a partial extend seems to help tighten a turn. Also it has saved my dumb a$$ a couple times when I somehow find myself at 500+ heading for the dirt and suddenly realize I am too low.