December should be a great month for the Hornet.

nacy

This entails Track While Scan radar mode, AACQ, SPOT, new targeting pod features, improvements to the flight dynamics (like ground effect issue), and others.

We will soon arrive on December 15th with no information, it's normal?

Edited by nacy

The next OB update is scheduled for the 18th, from what I've read. So I would expect Wags to make a video or a mini-update a day or two before that date.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Wags has been discussing TWS in the last couple of mini-updates. Don't be disappointed when only TWS is added to the Hornet on the 18th.

I will be a happy man with an OB on the 18th that includes the TWS and the symblogy in the HUD for the TGP.

Add to that slaving the TGP to waypoints and radar spot mode and then you got me happy for the next 4 months concerning the Hornet :).

I will be a happy man with an OB on the 18th that includes the TWS and the symblogy in the HUD for the TGP.

Add to that slaving the TGP to waypoints and radar spot mode and then you got me happy for the next 4 months concerning the Hornet :).

WOPR's point is that no we have no official news which indicates that any tgp improvements will be included in the update on the 18th. As far as we know, TWS and its sub modes are all that are being added, so don't be angry if tgp stuff isn't included.

WOPR's point is that no we have no official news which indicates that any tgp improvements will be included in the update on the 18th. As far as we know, TWS and its sub modes are all that are being added, so don't be angry if tgp stuff isn't included.
I won't be angry at all!

In fact one of the things that will make it to the new OB is changes to the Jdam/jsow logic one of which i love (the power/aligment new logic).

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

@Falcon_120 my understanding is that JDAM/JSOW power alignment is already implemented in the OB build. you can change to AA without having to realign now. Personally I think we should all get excited about these new feature coming out on 18th. TWS and HUD symbology will make A-A engagements more fluid and HUD symbology will make targeting a lot easier then relying on the his to know where your TGP is looking. Let's get excited and enjoy the SIM.

ED thanks for getting t this and these features will be great to test out during the holiday off time. the wife is going to pissed when I am flying and guest are showing up for Christmas.

Everyone have happy holidays.

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

Wags has been discussing TWS in the last couple of mini-updates. Don't be disappointed when only TWS is added to the Hornet on the 18th.

I´m waiting for TWS since the Hornet´s early access start. As long as TWS + submodes are added to the Hornet with the next update, i won´t be disappointed.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus + F-15EX / 4x TM Cougar MFD / Slaw Device RX Viper V3 / HP Reverb G2

I want see Super Carrier pre-order on the 18th :D

:thumbup:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I'll just be happy to see TWS finally implemented so the team can move onto other features, like finishing the HARM, completing the Harpoon's damage model, and finally diving into A-G radar. Also, looking forward to having the cheek-mount station available for the TPOD. It'll make for more convenient loadouts.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

That sounds like a good problem to have. :megalol:

I think it’s safe to say this may the most anticipated feature coming to the Hornet in the short term. Then again it doesn’t take much to make me happy. If ED/Deka can give us TWS and LOD for the JF-17 then I’ll be happy.

Edit: I would also like to second the cheek mounted TPOD for the Hornet. That would be a phenomenal addition.

Edited by IRememberJeep
Support for a cheeky TPOD!

I'll just be happy to see TWS finally implemented so the team can move onto other features, like finishing the HARM, completing the Harpoon's damage model, and finally diving into A-G radar. Also, looking forward to having the cheek-mount station available for the TPOD. It'll make for more convenient loadouts.

TWS != complete Hornet A/A radar. They have a lot more work on the other A/A modes as well.

I'd rather have current weapons finished or improved (harms/amraam)

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Other than the SLAM-ER most of the weapons are there but need to be completed. Things like sea mines, fuel air explosives and the Paveway III should wait until we have complete versions of the existing weapons (including a fixed AMRAAM).

I want see Super Carrier pre-order on the 18th :D

This!:pilotfly:

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

There’s still lots missing besides weapons/systems on the hornet to yet be addressed. I wouldn’t be surprised if the end of next year there is still undeveloped items left. One good example the BIT page. Another, DTC implementation. And that coveted AG radar. ATFLIR. Long way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

There’s still lots missing besides weapons/systems on the hornet to yet be addressed. I wouldn’t be surprised if the end of next year there is still undeveloped items left. One good example the BIT page. Another, DTC implementation. And that coveted AG radar. ATFLIR. Long way to go.

I can think of a dozen MAJOR systems of which we have yet to see even a hint: i.e. markpoints, terrain following radar, ECM/decoys, etc.

Why DCS modules cant have AG radar, when Deka ironwork jf-17 and heatblur viggen have them?

Ugh, that has been discussed at length here during the past few days: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=256973

I recommend to read that. No need to restart this debate again.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg