Paying money??? (rant)

nicktune1219

I'm up for it although I never fly carrier ops with my F16.

If it helps ED, it will help us all to get a better sim in the end. Or some can have a drink or two, fine by me as well.

Beste regards,

Stefan, HereThen

| I7 8700K 4.7 Ghz | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 | Asus MAXIMUS X HERO | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q | TrackIR5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Thrustmaster TPR | Steelseries Apex PRO | Steelseries Aerox 3 | Steelseries Arctis WL Pro | MonsterTech table clamps |

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally cant follow the argument buying a module to help ED. Even thought I did this once. All other modules I bought out of interest and actually theyre too many for me to learn anyway with my personal situation.

I perferred if ED made modules so good that people wanted to buy them. I think, even this market is a niche, if you deliver a great product, many will buy it and that should keep the developer healthy.

Personally the carrier (if decksliding is solved) is such a thing; but also new maps would be a must-buy for me.

Still at release in EA it should have some decent standards, not like the F-16 (that I wont buy for now)

I consider myself poor average but Ive sent north of 500 Dollars EDs (and its third party companies) way only in the last year and will do so willingly in the future if new DLCs are interesting for me. Niche or not, this should be enough to keep a company away from the need of "support" buys.

Edited by Wali763

if new DLCs are interesting for me

Well, this. As much as I detest the "gimme" entitlement crowd so prevalent these days, I personally only buy modules I'm genuinely interested in myself.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I predict the carrier will be $80 and maybe $60/$70 if you own the Hornet/Tomcat.

A discount, if any, would only apply to Hornet owners. The Tomcat is developed by a third party and Heatblur is going to eventually release a Forrestal class carrier for Tomcat owners.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Well, it better be a huge discount (50% off) for Hornet owners (in my opinion it should be free for all Hornet owners as an excuse for the massive delays, lies and making the Viper a priority over it), otherwise I'm not getting it.

Be prepared for disappointment. A 50% discount will not happen. That's an unrealistic expectation.

Heatblur is going to eventually release a Forrestal class carrier for Tomcat owners.

Eventually, is the operable word. YEARS is the other.

For FREE. :smilewink:

The Stennis was released for free, for everyone, whether they owned the Hornet or not.

Furthermore, the Forrestal, to my understanding, was supposed to be just a 3D model as well and not supposed to implement its own advanced carrier comms and deck crew features, although it might take advantage of these features developed by ED. It also was part of the initial package deal for the Tomcat, whereas the Supercarrier module was not included in the Hornet's initial package deal.

ED already released a free carrier. The Supercarrier module is much more than just a few 3D models; the actual ships are the least impressive thing about it, IMO, the added comms, crew and functionality is where it'll shine.

Eventually, is the operable word. YEARS is the other.

I chose my words carefully on that one :lol:. HB is OK though, I wasn't insinuating anything. They just have other things to finish first.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah, lots of work has gone into the carrier, plus ED does/is doing a lot free of charge. Given the features list*, I definitely see why ED has chosen to market it, why the hell should they work for free? Plus I'm hoping that investment in the supercarrier, will hopefully lead ED towards further development in ships and the maritime environment - I'd pay for improvements to both.

*Providing the features actually make it into DCS, which I'm sure they will.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Day 1 purchase.

Also, please remember, ED are one of very few Flight Sim devs and work on the only platform to allow people to create these numerous high fidelity modules for us all. There is so much to be thankful for here. I will happily purchase their products and support ED and all of their partners and I hope they all make a decent living doing it too.

All of these things take time and money to create and they all have to make a living and support themselves and their families.

To not have DCS would be a nightmare. Considering how much time and effort goes into creating these modules, campaigns and maps, what they all charge is modest imo.

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar

Day 1 purchase.

Also, please remember, ED are one of very few Flight Sim devs and work on the only platform to allow people to create these numerous high fidelity modules for us all. There is so much to be thankful for here. I will happily purchase their products and support ED and all of their partners and I hope they all make a decent living doing it too.

All of these things take time and money to create and they all have to make a living and support themselves and their families.

To not have DCS would be a nightmare. Considering how much time and effort goes into creating these modules, campaigns and maps, what they all charge is modest imo.

This, though it might be closer to afternoon or evening on day 1. I need to get home, fire up DCS, pay for the module. You know, the normal stuff I'm not supposed to do at work.

Don't forget Christmas is on the 7th of January in Russia. Not too late to send Christmas greetings to the guys who make all this happen! (Does Belorussia run on the Julian calendar for holidays, or did they switch to Gregorian? Should ask my niece...she used to live there).

So we are paying money for a carrier? This really sounds silly. Why should I pay money for a large carrier when I can use the Kuznetsov or the Stennis? I just don't see the point. Supposedly there will be some relaxing room, but this is digital combat simulator, not digital meeting simulator. This is also not digital navigating to a carrier simulator. I'm sure some people will pay for this, but a good amount of people wont pay 50 bucks for some carrier. It would be nice just to have it as an AI model, not as a paid module, so that way everyone can utilize this, but time will tell.

Why would ED develop new stuff if you dont intend to pay for it? on the contrary I think we should all pay more to make sure we get more good stuff

What I did: I stopped playing (and purchasing DLCs for) other simulators/games .. focusing on just DCS World. This allows me to have enough budget for DCS :) and not worry about not being able to indulge myself with a new DCS plane every few months :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Like others, it’s a day 1 purchase for me. Ed are bringing one of the most immersive carrier experiences ever seen on a home computer, now the best thing is it’s entirely optional, but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna miss out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

It depends on the price. The Tomcat is BY FAR my favorite module so I would use the carrier all the time.

Does it come with a campaign?

Aircraft skins for corresponding wings on that particular carrier?

Elevators work, so can I spawn in the hanger, get pushed onto the lift and taken to the flight deck?

Additional options like the aforementioned carrier turning into the wind when I report inbound?

If all that, especially a campaign, gets added, I would be willing to pay more than if it was just a visual thing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk