Please make Radar elevation usable with rotary an option

falcon_120

Eh, I recently reported that as a bug... From the controls section there is no way to tell it would behave that way. Adding my vote in this, would be nice QoL.

+1

Edited by StarLightPL

• 4 weeks later...

The problem was asking for this as an option is that you can't use an absolute axis to control multiple sensors in the way that the Hornet is designed, everything will get out of sync.

For example if you were to use an absolute axis to change the radar elevation and then switch to the targeting pod, what happens with the zoom level when it doesn't match the axis position? 

• Like 1

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

3 hours ago, Brun said:

The problem was asking for this as an option is that you can't use an absolute axis to control multiple sensors in the way that the Hornet is designed, everything will get out of sync.

For example if you were to use an absolute axis to change the radar elevation and then switch to the targeting pod, what happens with the zoom level when it doesn't match the axis position? 

I currently do this in the Viper. I have a slider for MAN RANGE (aka TGP zoom), and the same slider with a modifier key for radar elevation.  When they are out of sync it just stays that way until I touch the slider, then it just snaps to the updated position. Similar to how the throttle works on a hot start jet when you first spawn in. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I currently do this in the Viper. I have a slider for MAN RANGE (aka TGP zoom), and the same slider with a modifier key for radar elevation.  When they are out of sync it just stays that way until I touch the slider, then it just snaps to the updated position. Similar to how the throttle works on a hot start jet when you first spawn in. 
Well yeah, in the Viper man range and antenna elevation are axis in the Viper. In the Hornet the antenna elevation is a relative return to center axis, basically acts like a button push.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Well yeah, in the Viper man range and antenna elevation are axis in the Viper. In the Hornet the antenna elevation is a relative return to center axis, basically acts like a button push.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know all that. I can't tell what your point is.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."