Win 10: CH and DCS insanity

Andy t

I am unfortunate enough to discover CH issues with Windows 10.

I have Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro pedals.

I am experiencing the following issues:

If I set my controls to "mapped" in CH control panel, the pedals and the throttle are no longer detected in DCS and the pedals disappear from my controls in CH.

Furthermore, DCS labels the joystick/throttle by their IDs.

If I switch the controls to "direct" I am seeing all controls, but can only use them as direct x buttons.

I spent about an hour last night re-mapping the controls in DCS to work with the "direct" mode of CH. At the end, I saved the profile in a folder and left DCS.

Today, I open it up, and for whatever reason, the DCS control mappings are all over the place. The same control is assigned to buttons on both the Fighterstick and throttle, despite me not having done that.

I reloaded the file a few times, and the controls are messed up. Some of the mappings are outright missing.

Is there a way to save export mapping and ensure that upon re-loading they are not lost in DCS? Did I miss something?

I second that recommendation . Forget CH control manager and bind in DCS .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Sounds like control manager is running on startup . Either remove from startup , or uninstall it .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

NONE of such problems here...

CH products working perfectly,

control manager too.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 3 weeks later...

I find that with Windows 10 since a few major updates ago, the application frame host exe screws with CM Control Center from recognizing my pro throttle and fighterstick.

The solution for me at every startup is to end process the application frame host in task manager and the hotas gets recognized. The weird thing is, application frame host comes back in task manager and its like nothing ever happened.

Anyone else have this weird behaviour too?

• 10 months later...
I find that with Windows 10 since a few major updates ago, the application frame host exe screws with CM Control Center from recognizing my pro throttle and fighterstick.

The solution for me at every startup is to end process the application frame host in task manager and the hotas gets recognized. The weird thing is, application frame host comes back in task manager and its like nothing ever happened.

Anyone else have this weird behaviour too?

No, but that's very Windows like.

• 1 month later...

For anyone having trouble with CH Products Control Manager within Windows 10:

https://forum.jg1.org/topic/5375-fix-ch-products-control-manager-after-windows-10-creator-update/?do=findComment&comment=64223

Disable the Microsoft Store (either temporarily or permanently).  This will let the Control Manager function properly again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally figured this one out. Yes, as mentioned above, kill the Windows Store temporarily!

You can make a bat file that does that and starts Control Manager. Example:

Taskkill /IM winstore.app.exe /F

c:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\CH Products\"
start CHCtlMgr.exe

Edited by 104th_Crunch
  • Like 2