training mission mods for those that are not working

BlacleyCole

ok ive tried several thingd ti get the training middiind to work ive cleared all bindingd to the spacebar and ive went in and det it to defsult dettings both failed to get the mission to proceed.

so im think thst i would go change every reference to the spcebar to a time delayexact time may vart.

ok im in the mission editor and in thie mission the developer use the following statement to see if the udser has pressed the spacebar "x: start wait user responce (2,999) . the "2" isthe flag that it is looking for ifg i understand correctly. the "999" this id the user redponse value if i am correct, iem the spacebar output.

what im going to substitue thid line with some type or timer command if possible .

it been a year since i did anyuthing in the mission editor is there a user manual out ora documentthe fully explanes each of the statemtns the are default to the me? any help will be warmly recedived

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Never seen the spacebar not working? Strange...

Have you tried renaming your dcs saved games folder? DCS.OLD etc.

That way you can be sure you haven't bound it to a different key. Check in the UI layer keyboard section too.

DCS will build a new one and you can copy back controls etc from the old file if that works.

Have you tried the on-screen keyboard spacebar? Worked for me.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222434&stc=1&d=1575681225

If you generally know how to use the A-10C or others but it's been awhile.

I just glance back over Chucks guides. Setup a small mission in the editor and practice each thing I need to refresh. GBU's, CBU's, Rockets, A2A, Mark points etc. As long as you no spi, soi and what DMS, TMS do you should pick it back up fairly quickly.

keyboard_Space.thumb.jpg.59df269d1ea46ef384b31ebccd2f8325.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Yes I’ve tried the default bind and no mind so I’m not sure what to do there is a post where I tell all and posted the dcs old and dcs log files

But I was hoping some fine users would tell me you correct Lon the syntax and swap this line with this and here’s why

Also tried rebuilding the dcs folder in saved games no luck did not. Work.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I took a look at the first startup A-10C training mission.

There are only 4 entries of (X:START WAIT USER RESPONSE 999, XX)

XX are just flags to turn on. Tell the training to keep going.

Add the 4 flags at mission start and it will just continue. (4, 27, 33, 37)

Use pause to STOP if you want when training if needed.

You will need to go through all the missions and find these and save them to the MY MISSIONS folder, otherwise these missions will get updated when the sim is updated.

The other way is you could jump them through the radio other menu. The easy quick way is to just pause the sim.

attachment.php?attachmentid=222454&stc=1&d=1575721696

Screen_191207_221315.thumb.jpg.daee5d9503e761ed9e98ffb9948e25f9.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

ok i've tried several things to get the training missions to work, i've cleared all bindings to the spacebar and i've went in and det it to default settings both failed to get the mission to proceed.

I would do a quick test with a program that shows you which key was pressed after your press the SPACEBAR and its ASCII code in Decimal, such as the one in the link below. If pressing the SPACEBAR is actually giving you the ASCII code of 32 (International code for SPACEBAR) then it should work fine, if is showing a code other that 32 then your keyboard and / or Windows locale (Non English) versions may be translating it to a different ASCII code and that is why it isn't working.

Also your original message was so misspelt, that I assume english is not your native language or that you keyboard is so out of whack and replacing characters at random, D instead of S.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/keyboard_state_view.html

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

No I was trying to type in the dark and I’m bad about not proofreading I got so used to my iPad I’ve forgot how to type on a pc

The program recognized the spacebar in the controls option but doesn’t in the missions it is program related and I’m just trying to find a work around until I can find and fix the problem. I’m thinking of adding a timer to change the flag so the mission will pause then continue.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

You must be the only one here that has the spacebar problem tho? Did you try the windows onscreen keyboard?

All you need is to add is the flags I show in post 4 above.

Flags (4, 27, 33, 37) These are the flag the designer used for the spacbar command. The first one at the start of the mission is flag 4. If you turn this to on it will just keep going.

Just add a new trigger (Call it no spacbar)

On mission start

Add the action

Flag 4 on

Flag 27 on

Flag 33 on

Flag 37 on

This will then bypass the spacbar when you run the training mission. Save the mission to Your mission folder as a copy so it doesn't get updated.

All I did is when through the mission looking at what flag ED set for the spacbar.

Now I know this you can do what ever you like with these 4 flags to set them to on.

Like adding them to the in game radio menu or add a timer etc, this will take some more effort and to dig through steps in the mission and find the related flags the mission design used for x. Wait for x, wait for x and is flag true etc etc.

The easy way if you know nothing about the DCS editor / scripting. Is to just turn the (flags on) and just pause the sim if needed. Buy a keyboard or try the onscreen spacebar the one built into windows.

Edited by David OC

I’m not the only one as I have researched other post with the problem but the solutions didn’t work and yes I tried the on screen windows keyboard it didn’t work either thanks for the tip I’ll try that out it was for the a10c startup correct

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Yep,

That was for the first startup training mission.

You will need to do this for the rest and find the flags.

(X:START WAIT USER RESPONSE 999, XX)

This is just calling the spacebar xx is the flag to turn on for the mission to continue. I.E Spacebar pressed Flag 4 on (For an example)

Save the mission in Your mission folder so they don't get updated and you will also have the original as backup if you mess it up.

It seems after the deletion of the saved games directory and a couple of reboots it may take a few presses but it’s working now

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB