IFF in MP, any ME settings?

104th_Maverick

As a mission editor do I need to do anything to make sure the IFF system works for clients flying online in the 104th server?

I've had conflicting reports that I may need to add a text line to the mission description (really?) or that I don't need to do anything at all and that the client is 100% responsible for making sure IFF works.

Apart from adding the aircraft in to the mission and give it a default frequency, is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

If you want to simplify the IFF

put MAGIC_IFF in mission description, then all client jf-17 will be forced to use simplified IFF.

Then, if players select INT M6, all friends will be green, while unknown/enemy will be yellow

If players select INT M1/M2/M3A, fc3 iff (in next update, will remove this, and force players to use M6 only)

Now iff doesn't depend on frequency. Hope ED can bring us a more realistic IFF.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

So all I have to do is paste MAGIC_IFF in to my regular mission brief?

I noticed you mention mission 'description' what is meant by this? Is it different from the mission brief?

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;4129087']So all I have to do is paste MAGIC_IFF in to my regular mission brief?

I noticed you mention mission 'description' what is meant by this? Is it different from the mission brief?

yup, put it in brief

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Just tried Liberty mission for quick test and read the briefing and I honestly doubt players would understand the meaning of magic_iff unless it has direct effect on how JF-17 iff performs which I didnt find. It would be better to say "every JF-17 pilot need to activate IFF M6 code ".

Btw @uboats why some friendly flight symbol shown as triangle on DL. I thought all friendly should appears as green circle. Only friendly JF-17 clearly shown as green circle. Its confusing.

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze