[FIXED] Drag chute does not get replaced after rearming

Rabbisaur

• 1 year later...

been a while, i am wondering if this is still an issue?  i noted over the last few weeks on the rare occasion i get to land and rearm/refuel for another mission i do not have a brake chute for my second landing.

is it still only replaceable with a repair?

i also checked the ground crew menu and saw nothing there either?

i found something potentially related - air.  is there an air tank that needs to be refilled with rearm and repair, and do i need to do something to ensure it is filled after a landing (i saw something about a switch to put it back to center after landing, before rearm and repair)?

thx!

Edited by hlfritz

• 3 weeks later...

Hm, and i thought my JF-17 got 3 new chutes(same plane) after rearm last sunday MP flight. I think i have to check again. 🤔

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Did a quick test in SP, starting hot on runway and never leaving it: accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> chute

Works fine, so it seems my memory didn't failed me on last sundays MP flight(cold start).

JF17-chute-rearming.trk

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

2 hours ago, Lynnux said:

The chute is still not replaced via rearm, that's for sure.

Work fine for me in MP

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• uboats changed the title to [FIXED] Drag chute does not get replaced after rearming
5 hours ago, hlfritz said:

confirm it would for you with rearm?  and not repair?  thx!

Like i said in the post(2above you with the track attached) it works for me. Quick and dirty - SP on runway - test in the track above and the attached video(should be 1440p after YT processing). It also worked in MP for me 2 weeks ago.

Why is this fixed ? Just tested on multiplayer:

accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> take-off -> landing -> NO CHUTE -> rearm -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE -> rearm (using COM1 instead of "#")-> accelerate -> NO CHUTE -> shutdown engine and power -> rearm -> restart -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE -> shutdown engine and power -> repair -> NO REPAIR (despite crew answered "Copy!", 180 seconds timout doesn't start) -> full shutdown -> repair -> NO REPAIR -> rearm -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE

2 Bugs found in one test (no chute, no repair) ! Obviously claiming that it "works for me" and making videos doesn't help. Proper testing does !

47 minutes ago, Lynnux said:

Why is this fixed ? Just tested on multiplayer:

accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> take-off -> landing -> NO CHUTE -> rearm -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE -> rearm (using COM1 instead of "#")-> accelerate -> NO CHUTE -> shutdown engine and power -> rearm -> restart -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE -> shutdown engine and power -> repair -> NO REPAIR (despite crew answered "Copy!", 180 seconds timout doesn't start) -> full shutdown -> repair -> NO REPAIR -> rearm -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE

2 Bugs found in one test (no chute, no repair) ! Obviously claiming that it "works for me" and making videos doesn't help. Proper testing does !

I also tried it on MP 2 weeks ago, 3 chutes for the same JF-17 after 3 sorties/landings only rearming/refueling my plane and i wasn't the only one in the JF-17 doing exactly that, never shut down, never repaired. Do you use any mods? VR shader mod did the weirdest shit in the past and so did other mods.

PS: ED and Devs need a track if you want to report a bug. 

EDIT: I just finished a little MP test. Guess what, it worked perfectly fine. Cold start -> chute -> rearm -> taxi to runway -> takeoff -> enjoy some flying -> landing -> rearmed chut worked perfectly fine. Sorry i tried to help, will not bother you again.

Edited by unknown

5 hours ago, uboats said:

in next OB update, we will let player to renew the chute via F10 ground crew command. no need to shut down engine.

Quick question: shouldn't the Drag Chute Switch be spring loaded?

In other words, it when you click and release the switch, it should automatically go back to the Neutral position instead of staying in Deploy or Cut.

Likewise the keybinds for the switch should also reflect this so pressing the button will move it to either Deploy or Cut, and then return to Neutral when you let go of the button.

I imagine this would help with people forgetting to set it back to Neutral after Cutting it, reducing the amount of people wondering where their chute went after rearming.

Just mentioning this because the design of the switch looks like it's meant to operate that way, I don't know if it works like that IRL.

14 minutes ago, J20Stronk said:

I imagine this would help with people forgetting to set it back to Neutral after Cutting it, reducing the amount of people wondering where their chute went after rearming.

Actually you don't need to. I thought this might be the problem why people having trouble with the chute while it works with rearm/refuel perfectly fine on my end(SP/MP). So i tried a rearm/refuel to get a new chute while the switched was still in the cut position -> after rearm/refuel finished and i got my new chute the switch was automatically flipped to the neutral position without any input on my side.

9 hours ago, uboats said:

in next OB update, we will let player to renew the chute via F10 ground crew command. no need to shut down engine.

In the first attempts "accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> chute -> rearm..." I didn't switch the engine off during rearm and the chute deployed afterwards.

On later attempts "shutdown engine and power -> rearm -> restart -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE" and "full shutdown -> repair -> NO REPAIR -> rearm -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE" I switched off engine and power it still didn't deploy. So replenishing the chute during rearm seems to be unrelated to engine on/off.

The cause seems to be more something like the unloaded undercarriage after take-off preventing also the chute to deploy after a rearm back on the ground for some players.

What I fear now is that you're just changing something without knowing the root cause and the new method won't fix it for those players, too. Please, let's try to find out first, what happens here.

For me this issue is not a gamebreaker but this might be different for other players 😉

E.g. I'm a new owner of the JF-17, so I'm unsure that I'm doing everything right.

I have installed this module during freeflight, so it's a relatively fresh installation. I.e. I may have new config files whereas old updated ones may e.g. still contain a setting necessary for this to work.

I deploy and detach the chute via the default key "P", not via any HOTAS assignment.

I use an icon mod, DCS-SRS and TacView (good hint, @unknown)

Edited by Lynnux
Typos, clarification

10 hours ago, J20Stronk said:

Quick question: shouldn't the Drag Chute Switch be spring loaded?

In other words, it when you click and release the switch, it should automatically go back to the Neutral position instead of staying in Deploy or Cut.

Likewise the keybinds for the switch should also reflect this so pressing the button will move it to either Deploy or Cut, and then return to Neutral when you let go of the button.

Just mentioning this because the design of the switch looks like it's meant to operate that way, I don't know if it works like that IRL.

no, manuals says don't put the switch to either DEPLOY/CUT positions more than 1min.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

7 hours ago, Lynnux said:

In the first attempts "accelerate -> chute -> rearm -> accelerate -> chute -> rearm..." I didn't switch the engine off during rearm and the chute deployed afterwards.

On later attempts "shutdown engine and power -> rearm -> restart -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE" and "full shutdown -> repair -> NO REPAIR -> rearm -> accelerate -> NO CHUTE" I switched off engine and power it still didn't deploy. So replenishing the chute during rearm seems to be unrelated to engine on/off.

The cause seems to be more something like the unloaded undercarriage after take-off preventing also the chute to deploy after a rearm back on the ground for some players.

What I fear now is that you're just changing something without knowing the root cause and the new method won't fix it for those players, too. Please, let's try to find out first, what happens here.

For me this issue is not a gamebreaker but this might be different for other players 😉

E.g. I'm a new owner of the JF-17, so I'm unsure that I'm doing everything right.

I have installed this module during freeflight, so it's a relatively fresh installation. I.e. I may have new config files whereas old updated ones may e.g. still contain a setting necessary for this to work.

I deploy and detach the chute via the default key "P", not via any HOTAS assignment.

I use an icon mod, DCS-SRS and TacView (good hint, @unknown)

trk or video

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

5 hours ago, Lynnux said:

Track has 97MB. I have to find a way to upload it...

you can do it in single player, then can finish it in a short time thus smaller trk file

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally had time to launch DCS again...

Remark: If the plane doesn't land on the runway, the replay will be broken. In my case only the 3rd replay I watched was ok. Once the chute doesn't deploy it won't deploy anymore thereafter in my case, so I stopped the mission after the first occurence.

NoChute.trk

Edited by Lynnux
bad grammar, typo