[FIXED] Gear up/down mapping unavailable

Pikey

I noticed I couldn't map gear up/down to a HOTAS. It's blanked out int he control mappings. Not sure if it's on the list as didnt recall it in known issues bug list.

Edited by uboats

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

One of these, in order to quickly pull up the gear until the keybind is in.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Meanwhile you could copy it over from the keyboard input lua to the joystick one:

{down = key_cmds.Gear, name = _('Landing Gear Up/Down'), cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR, category = _('Systems')},

Haven't tried it yet, though.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Left hand on throttle, right hand on stick. Which hand uses the mouse?

I suppose you could take one hand, move it, and place it on the mouse. Then you should be able to click the gear handle. At that point you can place your hand back where it was. Let me know if this works.

Right-handed mouse, right hand on the stick. Can't operate the mouse very well :/

I suppose you could take your right hand, move it, and place it on the mouse. Then you should be able to click the gear handle. At that point you can place your hand back where it was. Let me know if this works.

I suppose you could take your right hand, move it, and place it on the mouse. Then you should be able to click the gear handle. At that point you can place your hand back where it was. Let me know if this works.

So....which hand is going to keep the stick from falling forward and thus me lawn-darting into the runway while my hand is off the stick and on the mouse? Am I seriously the only one without three hands?

So....which hand is going to keep the stick from falling forward and thus me lawn-darting into the runway while my hand is off the stick and on the mouse? Am I seriously the only one without three hands?

The JF-17 is quite stable and stays where you put her. If that's problematic for you, you can first turn on ATT AP to keep her steady; I have no problem using the right hand for the mouse to retract/lower the gear while waiting for the key mapping to become available in a future update. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

If that is happening, you have seriously mishandled your pitch trim. Secondly, momentarily moving either hand from stick/throttle is a continuous process in managing the jet and its systems.

In your specific example, during take off, your throttle position should be very stable so you use that hand to manipulate mouse for the few seconds required.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Not so easy trying a high-performance takeoff, where you are constantly adjusting stick as speed increases. And like I said, right-handed mouse. I can't bloody use it (with accuracy) with my left hand.

None of the points mentioned here are an excuse to not have gear up/down bindable to a HOTAS. Period. EVERYTHING should be bindable. Full stop.