RWR tones in latest update

Tyrant07

Hey so I couldn't help but notice that the new RWR sounds are a 100% match for the ones I uploaded as a mod on the User files website back in October.

A little head nod for using my mod would have been nice I guess :lol:

Anyways, are ED still working on fully implementing tones for all the different radar's out there?

How can you make RWR tone ?

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

ED is already working on a PRF audio library.

1 hard coded sound per threat/radar is enough, even though in the real world it would depend on a lot more variables, that part is way out of scope.

So at least 1 (or more depending on depth of simulation) specific sound for each different threat is coming in the future?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI8

Just to clear up any misconception. I have never at any point said I made the sounds myself. I have in fact said that I found the sound files elsewhere and chose specific ones that I liked the sound of and were easy for me to recognize and modded them into DCS. I chose to share this with people after I was asked to be several people who had heard them being used.

Who made the sound files? to be honest I have no clue. If it was Dee-jay then thanks for doing an awesome job. If it wasn't him, then thanks be to whoever it was.

The whole purpose of the thread was more of question about what ED's future plans for the RWR sounds were. As it confused me that they chose to implement what seems to be the exact sounds I chose for my mod, when those sounds weren't specifically tied to the same RWR events in the first place.

I actually prefered the placeholder rwr sounds.

That’s an easy fix! Copy them out of the F/A-18 Tones folder and you’re good to go!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Hi Tyrant!

Who made the sound files? to be honest I have no clue. If it was Dee-jay then thanks for doing an awesome job. If it wasn't him, then thanks be to whoever it was.

If you are speaking about these : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306819/

... they are not all mine. At least one has been probably made by friend of mine because what you took here are not all F-16 sounds but also M2000 sounds. Some other are maybe some very old F4 synthetic sounds (FYI they are unrealistic tones) that has been replaced several years ago by my global set actually.

Edited by Dee-Jay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am just little confused now. Let me please just recap, and correct me where I am mistaken. So the RWR we have now in the Block 50 seems to work like the one in the F18. It just does differentiate between being pinged by a radar, being locked by a radar and a missile being fired at you. Everytime with just the same sound no matter what aircraft locks on you. So you can not hear a difference if a Mig29 locks you up, compared to a friendly F16. PRF sound means, that the RWR just makes the radar emission it receives audible? Correct? Which will enable the pilot to differentiate between different aircraft just by listening to the individual sound. ( Which is the case in the other simulator, you know which one i mean ;) So what you're saying is that ED is working on a PRF library, which means the recent RWR sounds are just placeholders until we have that library? Or is it the actual RWR sound of a block 50 model we have here in this sim?

Edited by darkman222

Hi!

RF sound means, that the RWR just makes the radar emission it receives audible?
Yep.

Which will enable the pilot to differentiate between different aircraft just by listening to the individual sound
Nope. That is not how the ALR-56 is working. Sound are not synthetic. The pilot (unless VERY VERY VERY accustomed to a given a/c) will not really be able to identify on a/c from another. Sound will chance a lot depending on modes ... actual PRF, scan ... etc ...

Nope. That is not how the ALR-56 is working. Sound are not synthetic.

Thanks for the quick reply. So that would mean what we have right now with the ALR-56 is just a placeholder, because there are just 3 or 4 sounds it gives , which are clearly synthetic. Right?